+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Huddersfield Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I understand it sometimes but even when we’re losing we’ve been slow in picking the ball up and throwing it straight in, I’ve been know to shout at our players to hurry up
    The worst thing is when they appear to pass up easy throw ins to a teammate in the hope of some magical option becoming available, which never does. Doesn't help without fans, throw ins, goal kicks etc. Even free kicks, takes a good minute and a half to set the wall up etc only for the bloke to sky it 30 rows back. I've seen before how the ball is only really in play for something like 60 odd minutes a game and there being an argument to make the game 70 minutes or so and stop the clock every time it goes out so you get true game time. Alternatively just get on with it as you say Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    You are correct in saying that getting stick is what PW gets paid for Grist, but surely at this stage of the season every club in a promotion/relegation/play off battle, not just ours, will target certain games as being more important than others and therefore attempt to try and make sure that they can turn their best side out? or do you think, like some do, that we should play our best side regardless?
    Probably comparing our plight with others is wrong because I am just talking about this coming week in which we have what I would term as bigger games in a very short space of time and the choice would be to protect 2 or 3 players for the major game but obviously you and some others dont agree, It's all about opinions UTM
    We have enough midfield to rotate if one or two struggle in the game, Smith is capable but we have Ladapo to come on later if need be, it’s the back that might be a worry, we have capable players imo is what I’m saying but i think Warney (even though I don’t always agree) will know far better than me who is capable.
    What is our best side? I though we had a winning side out yesterday bet we didn’t win
    Last edited by millertop; 11-04-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Hirst is far going to be a better player than Kayode by just looking at them imo bit I’d gladly applaud Kayode if/when he proves me wrong and I hope he does
    Probably but in terms of usefulness Kayode or a fitness freak running about couldn't have had less impact. He make zero impact. I get how it isn't easy always coming on late etc, I've tried in my mind to defend his inaction but I can't anymore. When he plays, nothing happens around him or with him. Just nothing. Does nothing good or bad, just does nothing on the pitch. I hope he becomes a great player, I really do, but pure footballing this season, no.

We have enough midfield to rotate if one or two struggle in the game, Smith is capable but we have Ladapo to come on later if need be, it’s the back that might be a worry, we have capable players imo is what I’m saying but i think Warney (even though I don’t always agree) will know far better than me who is capable.
    What is our best side? I though we had a winning side out yesterday bet we didn’t win
    I think that yesterday was pretty much our best side but even with that we're not a strong side player by player but have to make up for it as a collective unit. We did that well, but lack the quality both in incisive passing across the team and especially in ruthless finishing. We snatch at good chances instead of thinking we will score and have a right to score. Much of it in the head. But that makes a big difference between league 1 and championship quality players. However we created chances yesterday from good passing moves and with a bit more quality in the finish world be in a great position. But worry is that we simply don't have the quality to make the collective effort count. Hope to **** in wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I know this won’t be a popular opinion but I think Hirst has the potential to be that player. I don’t feel we play to his strengths with quick breaks and high balls into the box or giving him 15 minutes when we’re already 2 down.

I think he could thrive off of decent crosses and some passing and moving around the box.
    Scum you are bang on mate he makes some great little runs into space but never seems to get the ball when he does them? He is a strong lad and up for a battle which is what we need right now. His worst feature is that he does not hold the ball up well and that is why he is only getting cameo roles right now. I would start him instead of Smudge on Tuesday if nothing else it gives Smudge a rest for Thursday.

This isn't the time for unproven players. Hirst & Flo fall into that category. I'd sooner see Clarke instead of Flo or Giles.

Wiles won motm poll

For that miss, mug of the match

He had a fine game overall though

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314