+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I would bring in a few changes and rotate the squad for Tuesday.If Robbo is fit rest Woody.Freddie for Smudge,Barlaser in for Lindsay.Start with Giles resting Olosunde.Could we use Ogbene?Try and keep a good half of the squad and still keep the shape.Possibly use Flo and Clarkey and why not give Hirsty a go?
    I think I read somewhere that Robbo will not be fit for any of the games this week after another setback . I could have dreamt it though or possibly just expected it .

Yes he won’t be available it was in the Advertiser.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I would bring in a few changes and rotate the squad for Tuesday.If Robbo is fit rest Woody.Freddie for Smudge,Barlaser in for Lindsay.Start with Giles resting Olosunde.Could we use Ogbene?Try and keep a good half of the squad and still keep the shape.Possibly use Flo and Clarkey and why not give Hirsty a go?
    It was all going so well until those last 7 words......😉

Quote Originally Posted by fivetide View Post
    Should have brough Hirst on to clinch the winner...

Not really Wiles' falt if we go down. Missed pens and all that.

Anyway, Wood was immense at the bak, cleared loads. Made a big difference. If he hadn't got himself stupidly sent off then we might also be in a better position. If's and that....
    Lol...have you seen Hirst play?

If we stay up it will be a major achievement

If Wednesday stay up it will be an exceptional achievement

We were told that Hirst was our marquee signing but really he's just a bivouac.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    We were told that Hirst was our marquee signing but really he's just a bivouac.
    I’m sure his club wanted to put him in the shop window

In Millets

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’m sure his club wanted to put him in the shop window

In Millets
    .........to stand there like a tent pole......about as much use as one. Serioussly though, if the lad wants to progress, he needs some League 1 or even league 2 game time to get himself going. Weds fans don't even know how lucky they were in not keeping him.

He is most definitely not Championship material .....yet. Even if he scored 2 maybe 3 goals in the next few games, it wouldn't make up for his poor performances while he's been with us.
    Last edited by Brin; 10-04-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I agree, our best team will lose by 2 or 3 goals so let’s rest key players and concentrate on Thursday
    Not sure I agree. Qpr are erratic in form, long midweek trip for them, safe in mid table. If we keep the shape, keep it tight at the back (they'll be well aware of our back gate and have players to exploit that) and go for the odd goal I think we've a chance. Player I'd like to rest most is Woody but not sure we'll cope without his leadership. But we've no one to come in for him. Only suggestion is Harding as 3rd centre back and Olu and Giles as full backs?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    .........to stand there like a tent pole......about as much use as one. Serioussly though, if the lad wants to progress, he needs some League 1 or even league 2 game time to get himself going. Weds fans don't even know how lucky they were in not keeping him.

He is most definitely not Championship material .....yet. He if he scored 2 maybe 3 goals in the next few games, it wouldn't make up for his poor performnaces while he's been with us.
    I said same last week Brin, look what division 1 has done for Jerry Yates.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast