+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Post Match Thoughts

After the game Warney said Olosunde had a slight calf strain,so he probably one player he may not risk on Tuesday.I'm sure all players will be checked out on all fitness levels.Even though we did not win, I think our players knew they were the likely winners and deserved the three points and will put them in a healthy positive frame of mind for this week. UTM.

Historically, a draw at Huddersfield is a great result, but sadly, recent results made those two glaring misses Of greater importance than normal.
    Three games without scoring, will we escape? Coventry and Derby lost, but, they played two of the best teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes that could be so, but with so many games in a short period I would’ve expected more subs to rest players.

But yes PW probably didn’t want to upset the rhythm of a team playing relatively well
    Yeah I get what you're saying. I suppose in the game all he is thinking about is winning the game being played out in front of him and crossing the other proverbial bridges later. Having said that I'd imagine there will be wholesale changes come Tuesday for obvious reasons. Hopefully Freddie will be out to prove a point again. Hopefully he doesn't rotate the Viking and Jamal!

I was happy with taking Olly off for Giles but if he was struggling then right thing to do
    At least we got a point

Good performance, disappointed we didn’t win of course due to the finishing. Feel we are still in with a chance of staying up though I wouldn’t bet on it. I think Jamie Lindsay’s return to the side gives us something we have been missing.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I was happy with taking Olly off for Giles but if he was struggling then right thing to do
    At least we got a point
    Wasn’t happy that should be

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Historically, a draw at Huddersfield is a great result, but sadly, recent results made those two glaring misses Of greater importance than normal.
    Three games without scoring, will we escape? Coventry and Derby lost, but, they played two of the best teams in the league.
    Jock,we were beaten narrowly by the one goal at Bournemouth and by the same at Norwich.We have got good players at this club.

I was just waiting for Huddersfield to fluke one with how the game was unfolding but in the end we got a point, with a good performance, which should see us go into the QPR match with a bit of momentum and confidence, because how would we have felt if we had played like Huddersfield did and still got a point, to take that kind of performance into the next game? they were awful.
    The Coventry game now becomes a must win match, even if we get beat by QPR, because if we lose tuesday, and win thursday, then 3 points behind Coventry with 2 games in hand and a better goal difference looks mightily encouraging UTM.

I think they were more or less a beaten side that just needed finishing off.

Last 30 minutes they were shattered at the back and were just hacking the ball anywhere. Especially that massive black guy at the back.

It was crying out for some pace and flair to get at them so I was surprised Ogbene or Ladapo didn’t come on.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Lol...have you seen Hirst play?
    that was the point

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast