+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I think they were more or less a beaten side that just needed finishing off.

Last 30 minutes they were shattered at the back and were just hacking the ball anywhere. Especially that massive black guy at the back.

It was crying out for some pace and flair to get at them so I was surprised Ogbene or Ladapo didn’t come on.
    We wanted a fox in box type goalscorer. Would love it if Ladapo shinned a few in from 5 yards rather than the odd wonder goal. We dont seem to have that type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    We wanted a fox in box type goalscorer. Would love it if Ladapo shinned a few in from 5 yards rather than the odd wonder goal. We dont seem to have that type of player.
    They cost too much and they usually don't match the "work ethic" of RUFC

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I know this won’t be a popular opinion but I think Hirst has the potential to be that player. I don’t feel we play to his strengths with quick breaks and high balls into the box or giving him 15 minutes when we’re already 2 down.

I think he could thrive off of decent crosses and some passing and moving around the box.

@paentsuk
    Man of the Match from today's draw with Huddersfield Town.

Wiles
    Crooks
    Wing
    Wood

Wiles was in lead

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I know this won’t be a popular opinion but I think Hirst has the potential to be that player. I don’t feel we play to his strengths with quick breaks and high balls into the box or giving him 15 minutes when we’re already 2 down.

I think he could thrive off of decent crosses and some passing and moving around the box.
    To be fair Scum you have a point, but I agree with others on here who think he needs to go to a div one or two side to kick start his career and see if he can do it at that level, because however we set up for him, championship level is way too good for him right now UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    To be fair Scum you have a point, but I agree with others on here who think he needs to go to a div one or two side to kick start his career and see if he can do it at that level, because however we set up for him, championship level is way too good for him right now UTM
    Yes, I think his season with us has set his career backwards instead of progressing it and he may have to drop a level or 2 to move forward.

But there’s the potential of a decent centre forward there in the right team.

Don't know what length of contract Hirst has, at his parent club, hopefully for
    him, he has still a bit left on it, otherwise they Leicester City, might release him.
    They will have had reports on his progress, at Rotherham United, which to be
    honest, have been underwhelming.
    I was going to say, send him to Peterborough United, where they turn players
    into money making, for the club.
    But it looks like Peterborough are going to get promoted to the championship,
    we know Hirst has not got the pedigree for this league.

...and yet if he scores the ultimate goal, (even if it is the only one he does score for us), to keep us up all will be forgiven!

Hirst needs to start games instead of 10-15 mins later on (which I’ve said before) not sure now is the time and Warney won’t risk it

I've a feeling he may start against QPR Mtop. It would be daft to risk Smith , he needs saving for the big games against Cov and Brum.

For the Qpr game I would splay 4 4 2

blackman
    cooper wood Robertson/ Mattock if either fit, Giles/ clarke
    Ogbene smac barlaser Sadlier
    ladapo Hirst

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast