+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I've a feeling he may start against QPR Mtop. It would be daft to risk Smith , he needs saving for the big games against Cov and Brum.

For the Qpr game I would splay 4 4 2

blackman
    cooper wood Robertson/ Mattock if either fit, Giles/ clarke
    Ogbene smac barlaser Sadlier
    ladapo Hirst
    Coopers not here. If Warney played that side I'd seriously doubt his state of mind! I'm going Victor; Olosunde Ihiekwe A McDonald Harding; Ogbene Wing Barlaser Lindsay Wiles; Ladapo. Flo Hirst not for this situation. Clarke I'd have in front of Giles. QPR beatable.

He’ll play his strongest side available. Every point counts. We can definitely win there and momentum is key.

4 games in 8 days will be too much for some players so if he makes changes for the sake of it with our squad then he’d be mental.

I dont think defensively people need a rest unless they have any problems, so on that basis I would leave out Olosunde, if his hamstring is a little sore and maybe Woody, and keep them both for the Coventry game.
    I would also rest both Tree and Smudge and go 4-5-1 against QPR .....Victor , Harding, Icky, A Macdonald, Giles/Clarke,
    Barlaser ,Wiles, Lindsay, S Macdonald, Flo/Oggy/Sadlier, Freddie
    I'd take a point all day against QPR but our main concern has to be thursday against Coventry UTM

I've a feeling he may start against QPR Mtop. It would be daft to risk Smith , he needs saving for the big games against Cov and Brum.

For the Qpr game I would splay 4 4 2

blackman
    cooper wood Robertson/ Mattock if either fit, Giles/ clarke
    Ogbene smac barlaser Sadlier
    ladapo Hirst
    I dont think we're in the position to pick and choose where we might get wins. I would play what Warne considers our best side and our usual system (352) every game. Our only chance.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I dont think we're in the position to pick and choose where we might get wins. I would play what Warne considers our best side and our usual system (352) every game. Our only chance.
    I agree, rest only if injured

Minimum training between games

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I agree, rest only if injured

Minimum training between games
    Agree minimum training next week. Any training should be just to do with ball skills, set pieces and dealing with oppositions threats and weaknesses etc. We will get plenty of the hard stuff under our belts during the games to last us til the end of the season.

I take on board points about not fielding a weak side against QPR but we can afford to lose to QPR, we cant afford to lose to Cov though. If there is one game we have to win it is the Cov game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I dont think defensively people need a rest unless they have any problems, so on that basis I would leave out Olosunde, if his hamstring is a little sore and maybe Woody, and keep them both for the Coventry game.
    I would also rest both Tree and Smudge and go 4-5-1 against QPR .....Victor , Harding, Icky, A Macdonald, Giles/Clarke,
    Barlaser ,Wiles, Lindsay, S Macdonald, Flo/Oggy/Sadlier, Freddie
    I'd take a point all day against QPR but our main concern has to be thursday against Coventry UTM
    I think this is a reasonable compromise Ronners. A sort of strongish 4 4 2 .You are not Ronners Moore perchance? And agree Cov is THE big game. We could beat QPR and lose to Cov but then we would be in a worse state than if we had beat cov and lost to QPR.

Beat QPR and lose to cov we would still be then 6 pts behind cov. Lose to qpr but beat Cov we would only be 3 points behind Cov. I think mi maths reight there.

ie

beat qpr lose to cov

cov p 41 pts 45
    us p 39 pts 39

Beat cov lose to qpr

Cov p41 pts 42
    us p39 pts 39
    Last edited by rolymiller; 11-04-2021 at 01:38 PM.

IT would be stupid to risk key players against QPR who could get injured or suspended for the Cov game.

Agree minimum training next week. Any training should be just to do with ball skills, set pieces and dealing with oppositions threats and weaknesses etc. We will get plenty of the hard stuff under our belts during the games to last us til the end of the season.

I take on board points about not fielding a weak side against QPR but we can afford to lose to QPR, we cant afford to lose to Cov though. If there is one game we have to win it is the Cov game.
    Yes fair enough but a win v QPR raises our confidence but puts a strain on Coventry as they look over their shoulders

I think this is a reasonable compromise Ronners. A sort of strongish 4 4 2 .You are not Ronners Moore perchance? And agree Cov is THE big game. We could beat QPR and lose to Cov but then we would be in a worse state than if we had beat cov and lost to QPR.

Beat QPR and lose to cov we would still be then 6 pts behind cov. Lose to qpr but beat Cov we would only be 3 points behind Cov. I think mi maths reight there.

ie

beat qpr lose to cov

cov p 41 pts 45
    us p 39 pts 39

Beat cov lose to qpr

Cov p41 pts 42
    us p39 pts 39
    No roly I am not Sir Ronners Moore lol although it is nice to even be mentioned in the same sentence as he. Yes we could possibly beat QPR with our best team and then lose to Coventry 2 days later, but the emphasis has to be on Coventry, so resting some players to give us a better chance of achieving it has to be looked at.
    It's going to be heart attack week for us millers supporters, but whatever happens on tuesday, our season starts on thursday UTM

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast