+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Post Match Thoughts

In the past we would have been more than happy to take a point away at Huddersfield, shows how far we have come in a short space of time.
    I thought Udders were poor to average and were there for the taking, with a bit better finishing we would have took the three points.
    Disappointed yet not gutted in not winning, a points a point.

Wouldn't be surprised if we beat QPR..

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    IT would be stupid to risk key players against QPR who could get injured or suspended for the Cov game.
    That is something I hadn't thought about roly, and has to be taken into account and I'm sure PW and his team have considered this UTM

There’s no guarantee we win even if we rest key players seeing that the ball isn’t going in, set up to win QPR then move on and set up to beat Coventry

Wing

Name:  34FFB516-F382-4B9A-A79D-F944F9F3BB03.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  25.1 KB

Without making the players appear like robots, we simply have to pick our best side for QPR. We are 6 points behind and so it would be eminently better to beat QPR to leave us within striking distance of Coventry.
    If we don’t beat QPR we are playing catch up which will actually put more pressure on us and change the dynamic of the game also from a Cov perspective.
    This is the only way we can put them under real pressure. Victory over QPR would also add more pressure on Derby who have a difficult few games ahead. Not beating QPR gives Derby a free pass to safety.
    The most important game is the next one. If we don’t beat QPR we will be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    There’s no guarantee we win even if we rest key players seeing that the ball isn’t going in, set up to win QPR then move on and set up to beat Coventry
    No millertop you are right that there is no guarantee we will beat Coventry, but given the importance of that game, and as it stands it's our most important game of season, we surely have to take great care in getting what is considered our best team out in that game.

And Huddersfield keeper in that team too

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Wing

Name:  34FFB516-F382-4B9A-A79D-F944F9F3BB03.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  25.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    No millertop you are right that there is no guarantee we will beat Coventry, but given the importance of that game, and as it stands it's our most important game of season, we surely have to take great care in getting what is considered our best team out in that game.
    Bear in mind as well we will be playing Brum then 3 days later who have had a week to rest up. Some of our players will be on their third game meantime when they play brum. Another game that is still important and winnable despite them being in better form recently. We still have loads of games in hand on them and a better GD. A full strength rested team ie Brum is going to be in a lot better position to beat a team who have just played 3 games and at full pelt becaue we really can't afford to do owt less. Think MTop and Nardendee are being unrealistic what they can ask from players in this situation and I don't for one minute think that Warne will play a full strength team against QPR. I think Ronners compromise is the best solution.

Another thing that could be done against QPR is play a full strength first half but if it is going tits up just bring on a load of subs and rest key players for Cov. It would be pointless chasing the game if we are 2 -0 down at ht. Similarly if we have a player sent off.

Bear in mind they are human beings lads not superheroes. Also if they suffer any serious long term injuries from over exertion any chance we have of picking up any more points later on in the season will be seriously buggered. We will still have 6 games to play after Sunday don't forget. Its not all based on what we do this week but we do need to pick up a good wad of points admittedly to give our selves a chance
    Last edited by rolymiller; 11-04-2021 at 03:16 PM.

We are not good enough to pick & choose our games.
    A full strength team with the right set up has a chance of a good result. Even that might not get the win. I can say if we play a weakened team v QPR we will lose comfortably. They are no mugs but they are beatable.
    It’s a long summer to rest up and yes I am asking a lot but we need to start off with a win.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 11-04-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Bear in mind as well we will be playing Brum then 3 days later who have had a week to rest up. Some of our players will be on their third game meantime when they play brum. Another game that is still important and winnable despite them being in better form recently. We still have loads of games in hand on them and a better GD. A full strength rested team ie Brum is going to be in a lot better position to beat a team who have just played 3 games and at full pelt becaue we really can't afford to do owt less. Think MTop and Nardendee are being unrealistic what they can ask from players in this situation and I don't for one minute think that Warne will play a full strength team against QPR. I think Ronners compromise is the best solution.

Another thing that could be done against QPR is play a full strength first half but if it is going tits up just bring on a load of subs and rest key players for Cov. It would be pointless chasing the game if we are 2 -0 down at ht. Similarly if we have a player sent off.

Bear in mind they are human beings lads not superheroes. Also if they suffer any serious long term injuries from over exertion any chance we have of picking up any more points later on in the season will be seriously buggered. We will still have 6 games to play after Sunday don't forget. Its not all based on what we do this week but we do need to pick up a good wad of points admittedly to give our selves a chance
    Couldn't agree more roly regarding it's not all based on what we do this week but, certainly for me anyway, this coming week will define the rest of our season. Defeat against Coventry would almost certainly, not only deflate but almost relegate us, and we need to do what we need the most to achieve that goal UTM

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast