+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watershed??

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdad View Post
    My only criticism of Will is that he does not command his box. There was a couple of occasions against Oxford when Beccles was shielding an over hit pass towards the goal line but aware it would not go out and wanted the keeper to come and claim it. He failed to do this and this put Beccles under extreme pressure from the Oxford forward. All the chat on here is about our midfield and defenders. I want to see us get a striker who can score goals regularly. It might mean a change of style in the way we play but it would be worth it.
    Will does need to learn that part of the game and he will get better, but I dont blame Will for some of the failings of Beccles who I don't beleive is as good as some commentators have made out. Obviously we are not in the market place for the best and we have to work within our budget. The biggest paroblem we have is in the defensive area so people are always going to focus on that and shipping 6 goals is not going to help. I have on many occasions complained about the lack of goals but I do believe that Mandron has been a good signing. If we want that 20 goal per season striker however, we need to improve Mandron and develop our own. At the moment we have Porter, Dale and Kirk who can score goals without ever being prolific, we have missed a few goals from Powell this season which does not help, but essentially we have to make better use with what we have, we will never buy our way out of that situation, getting a striker is easy getting a striker who can score goals is not easily done or affordable.

What is the situation with Powell?
    Is he injured, unfit or just out of favour?

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    What is the situation with Powell?
    Is he injured, unfit or just out of favour?
    Good question! I’d assumed he was out of contract in the summer and deemed surplus to requirements. Therefore look at those we will have next season or May want to stay. Either way, Powell does seem rather injury prone and hard to get fit, which is a shame as he has shown, on occasion, that he is good enough - it’s just not happened often enough and Dale is now ahead of him.

Thing about Powell is that he has always made clear his preference for playing on the left and when given that chance has played fine. There is always the chance (?) that somebody may make a move on Charlie so it would give Powell his opportunity. However, he may already be out of the equation for DA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12