+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Runt In The Litter At Cruft's Dog Show

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Ballax to em Roma. Wiv nivver bin popular or been given any kind of credit. Even when we went up in 1997 we laiked free flowing attacking football that worra joy to watch and still got patronising remarks abart us all the time.

Siege mentality. That's what this Tarn is all abart. Miners strike proves that.
    My miner father would not want to be associated with Conway/ Lee and their ilk. Not many other miners at that time would either.

Warnock is saying some of his players couldn't do the running our lads do .

It's actually a compliment .

Surprised one or two have taken it the wrong way to be honest .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    My miner father would not want to be associated with Conway/ Lee and their ilk. Not many other miners at that time would either.

Maybe not burra wo talking abart 1997

Colin W. is an awful bloke, but this is not about him today, and who he likes to think he is.
    Im delighted to say its all about us gaining a big extra 3 points ahead of Reading in the Play off scrap. And yes they were unlucky last night away at Watford, if Im honest. But so what eh!.

I know our current style is awful most of the time, and its definitely not one for the so called 'purists' of football. However I will still argue that we have got some good footy in us with the quality of some of our players, I just wish we would show it more often.
    Last edited by Acido; 10-04-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Warnock is saying some of his players couldn't do the running our lads do .

It's actually a compliment .

Surprised one or two have taken it the wrong way to be honest .

I agree. I watched his pre match interview and he was full of praise for our lads. Couldn't speak highly enough of em. Warnock ez same mentality as most south Yorkshire folk so it's hardly surprising. He's always coped against adversity and beaten the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Maybe not burra wo talking abart 1997
    Principles don't change with time. You were talking abart the miner's strike.

Unless a few wins mean principles can be thrown arta the window, which is what we have with the majority on here. Not for me thank you.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-04-2021 at 07:35 PM.

Almost everyone in the industry would have been immensely proud of someone with two bob sticking it up the rich guy .

What I see is a band of brothers out there every week giving this club their absolute all without the silver spoon offered to better technical players or clubs bankrolled by extremely wealthy individuals or consortium's .

The former mining industry would have loved this .

Clearly the metaphor escapes you .

Almost everyone in the industry would have been immensely proud of someone with two bob sticking it up the rich guy .

What I see is a band of brothers out there every week giving this club their absolute all without the silver spoon offered to better technical players or clubs bankrolled by extremely wealthy individuals or consortium's .

I think this “band of brothers” will be off like a shot the first chance they get the chance to double their wage......
    what would they call them then in the mining industry?
    I’m not after an arguement about the strike, these lads have done magnificently...... just pointing out that they WILL not for one one moment stick together as a band when the £ notes are dangled (like the miners did). .

But.... a great win, amd magnificent momentum growing for the 21sr.

There's one proper ex-coal miner here loving it. As for that Jules on about Miners jumping ship for £ notes dangled in front of them obviously you now nowt about the colliers of Barnsley and you talk like an idiot.
    Last edited by upthecolliers; 10-04-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Principles don't change with time.

Unless a few wins mean principles can be thrown arta the window, which is what we have with the majority on here. Not for me thank you.
    Just fo balance a think Colliers would disagree wi thi abart owners and I believe he was an ex miner.

My principles are more traditional and I'd like to see more football on the carpet as it were. It's what I've grown up wi on the whole as a Barnsley fan. However, Val has introduced an identity seldom, if ever sin darn here. Tha finds a way in life with the tools thaz got at thi disposal.

It's not like wiv always bin easy on the eye though is it? Al revert to Mel Machin and his style. Simon Davey, Dave Basset also. Those managers had relative success and tha can't argue wi their contribution to the club over the last few decades but their style of football certainly left a lot to be desired.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast