+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Runt In The Litter At Cruft's Dog Show

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Almost everyone in the industry would have been immensely proud of someone with two bob sticking it up the rich guy .

What I see is a band of brothers out there every week giving this club their absolute all without the silver spoon offered to better technical players or clubs bankrolled by extremely wealthy individuals or consortium's .

The former mining industry would have loved this .

Clearly the metaphor escapes you .
    Lets not pretend these "band of brothers" will not bugger off for bigger wages at bigger clubs should Barnsley not be promoted. They are using Barnsley as a stepping stone.

Are we pretending our owners are not the "rich guy". They are simply the rich guys who are using other peoples money--tv money from Sky subscriptions, ST income and commercial activities-to fund the club.

You can romanticise all you wish. I am not taken in.

Colliers has called those who post on TykesMad as "brain dead" so I disregard anything he says.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-04-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Warnock is saying some of his players couldn't do the running our lads do .

It's actually a compliment .

Surprised one or two have taken it the wrong way to be honest .
    I think you're right; that's how I took it anyway. I watch on iFollow and it shows the players and staff coming into the ground. Warnock was laughing and joking with a steward that he was ' a blade'. I think he'll have a good knowledge of Barnsley life. They were saying he owned a fruit and veg shop in the town when he played for us. As you say, he was paying us a compliment.

Well done to certain people, for trying to ruin another thread on here. Even though it was a sarcy thread and title to begin with.

Cant this be a positive thread, based on our teams current position ?.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    There's one proper ex-coal miner here loving it. As for that Jules on about Miners jumping ship for £ notes dangled in front of them obviously you now nowt about the colliers of Barnsley and you talk like an idiot.
    There was no coercive behaviour by me there SB. Colliers post was made whilst I was in the process of typing mine. Just a coincidence I mentioned him as an example of an ex miner who supports the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Lets not pretend these "band of brothers" will not bugger off for bigger wages at bigger clubs should Barnsley not be promoted. They are using Barnsley as a stepping stone.

Are we pretending our owners are not the "rich guy". They are simply the rich guys who are using other peoples money--tv money from Sky subscriptions, ST income and commercial activities-to fund the club.

You can romanticise all you wish. I am not taken in.

Colliers has called those who post on TykesMad as "brain dead" so I disregard anything he says.
    I'm not romantising about anything , I perfectly know the score with this group of players .

What you fail to see is that whilst they are enhancing their careers they are doing it as a collective .

There's more collectivism at this club right now which was the heart n soul of mining that you'll ever see with a young group of championship footballers .

Whilst we are on the subject if you think for one moment the NUM played by the rules ( Val ) then the mining industry completely escapes you despite your background .

You do what it takes , there are no rules of engagement , the only reason Thatcher broke the NUM was by throwing the rule book out of the window .

Back to football , every big successful club I know who had success bent the fecking rules , seeked an edge or did what it took .

That's why they achieved what they did .

If this game wants to reintroduce the Corinthian spirit then fair do's .

Until then its naivety .

Ignore em Acido mate i do..... thats the other drawback to being lil ol downtrodden Barnsley.... its been that long the morngy sods dont know how to be happy......this is our moment and I for 1 am enjoying it... we dont get many

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Colin W. is an awful bloke, but this is not about him today, and who he likes to think he is.
    Im delighted to say its all about us gaining a big extra 3 points ahead of Reading in the Play off scrap. And yes they were unlucky last night away at Watford, if Im honest. But so what eh!.

I know our current style is awful most of the time, and its definitely not one for the so called 'purists' of football. However I will still argue that we have got some good footy in us with the quality of some of our players, I just wish we would show it more often.
    You'll have to walk me through the part that says differing opinions equate to the ruining of a thread acido .

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Ignore em Acido mate i do..... thats the other drawback to being lil ol downtrodden Barnsley.... its been that long the morngy sods dont know how to be happy......this is our moment and I for 1 am enjoying it... we dont get many
    Tahh Daft mate, and obviously yes I agre there (even though Im not from the taaarn of course lol). Hey it is a laugh to see you back on here with that awful 1989-90 starry shirt again lol.
    I am as excited as hell right now because the possible promotion 'bug' has finally hit me, I CAN see that we are a favourite now for a Play off place, so Im going to enjoy it no matter what happens.

You'll have to walk me through the part that says differing opinions equate to the ruining of a thread acido .
    Tbh Animal, I think this has turned into a petty and almost argumentive thread. And thats a shame because it never needed to go that way as the team are doing so well.
    Last edited by Acido; 10-04-2021 at 08:41 PM.

I'm not romantising about anything , I perfectly know the score with this group of players .

What you fail to see is that whilst they are enhancing their careers they are doing it as a collective .

There's more collectivism at this club right now which was the heart n soul of mining that you'll ever see with a young group of championship footballers .

Whilst we are on the subject if you think for one moment the NUM played by the rules ( Val ) then the mining industry completely escapes you despite your background .

You do what it takes , there are no rules of engagement , the only reason Thatcher broke the NUM was by throwing the rule book out of the window .

Back to football , every big successful club I know who had success bent the fecking rules , seeked an edge or did what it took .

That's why they achieved what they did .

If this game wants to reintroduce the Corinthian spirit then fair do's .

Until then its naivety .
    We go round in circles to the same points.

I despise Ismael for cheating on clubs in Austria by breaking Covid rules in place at that time. I despise the owners for having no principles and employing Ismael after he was sacked at a time when few clubs would touch him with a barge pole The vast majority hide that under the carpet and refuse to discuss his sacking because we happen to be winning games.

I despise these owners for reasons well rehearsed but the vast majority are willing to temporarily laud them because we happen to be winning games.

Virtually every game I read from message boards is horrible to watch as Barnsley grind out usually odd goal wins with ugly, hoof ball,cheating/diving, time wasting tactics. When was the last time you really enjoyed watching a game, apart from the result ? Not for me. I don't watch such stuff.

Fans are fickle. A failure to achieve promotion will see fans turn against the club as quickly as they gather round to praise.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 10-04-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast