+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Runt In The Litter At Cruft's Dog Show

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I don't need to eat a whole plate of crap to know it is crap. I think to myself "If these are the highlights how bad was the rest" I read the opinions of others and speak to poor souls on the phone who have watched the whole game. They often need counselling
    Sky TV gives me a great deal of happiness apart from just Sky Sports, which has cricket, rugby league, golf, darts etc. I don't watch much of the Premiership stuff for reasons you eloquently describe-- it's odd that most on here want Barnsley to be part of it
    Tha just like me then in regard of Sky Premiership football. I can't remember the last time I watched a Premiership match from start to finish. Waste o money really if I'm honest. However, I seek solace in watching the Reds on i follow during this lockdarn, who needs counselling? The Reds provide all the therapy I need

Tha'd be surprised SB, some of the football is quite pleasing from Barnsley at times. Tek it from me, am a realist and also balanced. Yes it's poor at times too but it's also thrilling at others. That 2nd aif at Bournemouth was a real treat. The first aif yistdy worra abomination, that's football. Not always darn to us though is it why games go as they do.

As I said earlier in the thread, in my 35 years watching us wiv ed 3 years o Simon Davey, 3 years o Mel Machin and 2 years o Dave Bassett who weren't exactly renowned for their free flowing attacking football. Tha can also chuck Gudjon Thordarsson and Steve Parkin int mix wi sh1thouse football n all yit we carried on supporting em.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Watford and Norwich City can thank their lucky stars too .

If this current group of players and HC had started the season in September one of those two may have had to settle for a play off place .

We didn't win one of our first 7 league games and the form we have shown since February isn't actually play off form , it's automatic promotion form .

You two club's at the very top of this league have got away with one if you ask me .
    Ad say automatic promotion form since Ismael took ore missen Animal- 67 points from 34 games under Ismael W21, D4, L9

We average 1.97 points per game under Ismael. Had he started the season with us that would equate to 81 points at this stage which is 1 point less than what Watford currently ev. Their arses would be nipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    No Colliers....
    LET ME BE 1000% clear!
    I’m not in any way saying that,. My point is this, and I’m trying ( albeit not elequently enough) . To say that Animals point in that these guys are a band of brother.... What I meant was that they ARENT strong like the miners.
    And will leave the band of brothers for brass, ( unlike the miners who stiuck together ).
    I know very well how the miners stuck together. My family went through it just like yours.
    Most definitely NOT A COMMENT dissing the miners, more a comment about how this team ARENT A BAND OF BROTHERS like the miners.
    One, four or five will sell the team out at the end of the season for the 30 pieces

Nice to see you back.
    Well Jules I'll tell you this lad I worked in the pits from 1965 to 1990 so if I hear anyone who has never worked with men that went underground and comparing them in other works of life be it to their detriment, I'll come down on them and tell you that these men were the salt of the earth. Talk about a band of brothers you people know nothing. Anyway, Jules, I apologise for the remark ie Idiot that I see now was uncalled for but my reading was you thought the miners sold out for money, you were right in one sense the UDM did but they were run by a set of unscrupulous characters who eventually found their way to prison for doing their own miners of Nottingham out of hundreds of thousands of pounds but that's another story. So don't get upset and don't ever pull our great club down like some I can assure you none of our current squad is going anywhere only if their contracts run out and have had a better offer from another club or an offer is too good to refuse. And one last thing Jules I did not say, everyone was brain dead I said some
    were brain dead for the abuse given to ower owners, playing staff, admin and manager and we are in a position now that is unbelievable considering our status and they are still giving it out.

If I'd had my time again I wouldn't have started this thread .

I'll say no more .

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Well Jules I'll tell you this lad I worked in the pits from 1965 to 1990 so if I hear anyone who has never worked with men that went underground and comparing them in other works of life be it to their detriment, I'll come down on them and tell you that these men were the salt of the earth. Talk about a band of brothers you people know nothing. Anyway, Jules, I apologise for the remark ie Idiot that I see now was uncalled for but my reading was you thought the miners sold out for money, you were right in one sense the UDM did but they were run by a set of unscrupulous characters who eventually found their way to prison for doing their own miners of Nottingham out of hundreds of thousands of pounds but that's another story. So don't get upset and don't ever pull our great club down like some I can assure you none of our current squad is going anywhere only if their contracts run out and have had a better offer from another club or an offer is too good to refuse. And one last thing Jules I did not say, everyone was brain dead I said some
    were brain dead for the abuse given to ower owners, playing staff, admin and manager and we are in a position now that is unbelievable considering our status and they are still giving it out.
    Bit of mining snobbery going on here.
    If there is such a thing.

What the hell our present success has to do with mining then God only knows.

I won’t get upset, Glad you know I wasn’t being disrespectful. Nice that you replied, Thank you. and hope to see you posting more on here.
    Take care Mr Colliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Bit of mining snobbery going on here.
    If there is such a thing.

What the hell our present success has to do with mining then God only knows.
    Do you read the threads......? Some conversations don’t have to be written with a thousand exclamation marks and capitals! Also, not all of the posts you have to be about you Nudge..........
    There’s no snobbery, no One-upmanship.
    In my post, an explanation of my heritage to explain to Mr Colliers that no harm or malice was intended.

It’s how we sort have things out on here. I get you won’t be used to it,.....
    Politely, and without accusing each other of being certain “Labels”.......
    Once it’s done, it’s done.... it doesn’t go on for months and Months......

No reply needed.

Well And one last thing Jules I did not say, everyone was brain dead I said some
    Just might be worth re-reading your tirade against TykesMad Colliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Do you read the threads......? Some conversations don’t have to be written with a thousand exclamation marks and capitals! Also, not all of the posts you have to be about you Nudge..........
    There’s no snobbery, no One-upmanship.
    In my post, an explanation of my heritage to explain to Mr Colliers that no harm or malice was intended.

It’s how we sort have things out on here. I get you won’t be used to it,.....
    Politely, and without accusing each other of being certain “Labels”.......
    Once it’s done, it’s done.... it doesn’t go on for months and Months......

No reply needed.
    Yes I’ve read the threads.
    But anything that’s starts off with ...... ‘I’LL TELL YOU THIS LAD’
    ...... isn’t going to get my support no matter what they are saying.

I’m not talking about the content here - I’m talking about the ‘tone’.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 12-04-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Just might be worth re-reading your tirade against TykesMad Colliers.
    Dec 6th 2020 Colliers wrote on BBS

" Most of TykesMad posters have stopped going to watch Barnsley and a good percentage of them are brain dead...everyone is up one another's arse. I used to post on TykesMad but reading the bullshyte they post literally makes me sick. "

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast