+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Runt In The Litter At Cruft's Dog Show

"Al fetch mi favver"

"Aye n al fetch mine. My dad's heavy weight champion o the world my dad is, so what will your dad do then hey?"

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    "Al fetch mi favver"

"Aye n al fetch mine. My dad's heavy weight champion o the world my dad is, so what will your dad do then hey?"
    Last time tha brought thi faver up to schoool he got stick n all .

So cos your some old $%/t we got to pit up with your whinging....all tell thee all that miners ever did was follow scargill blindly. And robbed my generation of our childhood n education..... Arthur scargill well support you ever more my arse!

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    So cos your some old $%/t we got to pit up with your whinging....all tell thee all that miners ever did was follow scargill blindly. And robbed my generation of our childhood n education..... Arthur scargill well support you ever more my arse!
    Nope - that’s wrong.
    I was on strike for 12 months and I wanted the strike to continue.
    Basically - because if the pits shut we hadn’t got anything else to go to.
    Worth remembering there were no major roads into the area then.
    And because of that - lorries found it difficult to get into the area so there were no factories and out of town shopping areas.
    All what the Barnsley area consisted of back then were small towns built around a pit.
    Very little opportunity of employment.
    It was mostly armed forces, building work, farm labourer or the pit.

There were very few factories - and many of them were out of reach for those that didn’t have a car.
    And even those with a car these factories were often difficult to get to.
    Plus of course - relying on a car to get to work was risking it.
    Cars were so unreliable. I remember my first couple of years spent at the pit patching up gaffers cars with wire, plastic padding and Brillo pads.
    I wouldn’t have wanted to take the risk of relying on a car to get a weekly wage.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 12-04-2021 at 09:57 PM.

And we... the children of the 70s were the ones to suffer.... not you . You all still went club every night. Your generation make me sick.. end of discussion grumpy old git. Icba ..... there's your reason i dont post Acido. .....

And we... the children of the 70s were the ones to suffer.... not you . You all still went club every night. Your generation make me sick.. end of discussion grumpy old git. Icba ..... there's your reason i dont post Acido. .....
    Err yes I'm not daft, Mr Daft lol.
    I know why you and maybe loads of others don't like to post on here anymore mate, because of this nonsense which is pathetic and it could be so easily avoided. 😕

I’m not saying scargill went about things the right way etc BUT he did say that alternative forms of energy were needed - and here we are 40 years on almost , and people are well paid working in those industries. The reality is pits could’ve been gradually phased out and people retrained however it was a battle where no common sense seemed to prevail and became a power play. I might’ve got this completely wrong and stand corrected

My old man was a fitter and never struggled for engineering work up until his retirement , unfortunately (and this is the same in all walks of life and doubt will change) people always want someone else to blame for there own short comings.

I know of folk through my dad who blamed thatcher still being unemployed 20 years on - ffs you can retrain and fill up half of your pension entitlement in that period.

The problem in general in my opinion is a weak overgenerous benefits system that gives people too much of a toss up of working or staying at home with only a few quid difference in the pocket- something which is a million miles away from the work ethic of our background , where folk grafted. The system has created the full time benefits claimants and the pensioners to be the biggest turnout most affected demographics in the country to such a point where they can make or break a election, this means nothing drastic can be done.

On a positive note , we’re 5 points clear from 7th place in what has arguably been up there with some of the worst years of folks’ lives so let’s embrace direct ****housery

Maybe it’s a good thing you don’t post on here if you resort to abusive and threatening language to someone just because they disagree with you about football. To then go on to disrespecting and generalising about a whole generation and industry shows a lack of intelligence. Give your head a shake and take a deep breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Err yes I'm not daft, Mr Daft lol.
    I know why you and maybe loads of others don't like to post on here anymore mate, because of this nonsense which is pathetic and it could be so easily avoided. ��
    It’s the foul and abusive unnecessary language that is pathetic Acido

And if you dont like me.... come tap me on shoulder n say so!. Not by being a keyboard warrior
    The irony of this post laughable.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast