+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Runt In The Litter At Cruft's Dog Show

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Tbh Animal, I think this has turned into a petty and almost argumentive thread. And thats a shame because it never needed to go that way as the team are doing so well.
    Acido , I'm not going to point out the fault line and its desperately sad that one of our most senior posters and fan of many years sees things a different way .

At no point has anybody else introduced mining in to the debate which as you know with your years on here is a very controversial subject .

I was happy in my own skin to start the thread with the way we are looked down upon and use that to our advantage .

That was my point , it's a shame one long standing poster can't see it and use mining as his weapon .

For what it's worth he's on Ignore for the foreseeable , which as you know equates to not being able to read his posts .

The reason is that such an incredible season and the way the world is right now shouldn't result in this .

Nowt else to add .

You can't read this but it was Pass who introduced the miners strike onto the thread.

How do you do "ignore" on here? I know they do it on BBS if they do not want to read an alternative view to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We go round in circles to the same points.

I despise Ismael for cheating on clubs in Austria by breaking Covid rules in place at that time. I despise the owners for having no principles and employing Ismael after he was sacked at a time when few clubs would touch him with a barge pole The vast majority hide that under the carpet and refuse to discuss his sacking because we happen to be winning games.

I despise these owners for reasons well rehearsed but the vast majority are willing to temporarily laud them because we happen to be winning games.

Virtually every game I read from message boards is horrible to watch as Barnsley grind out usually odd goal wins with ugly, hoof ball,cheating/diving, time wasting tactics. When was the last time you really enjoyed watching a game, apart from the result ? Not for me. I don't watch such stuff.

Fans are fickle. A failure to achieve promotion will see fans turn against the club as quickly as they gather round to praise.
    No mention of miners strike here.

Hey Animal Im sure you know btw, I wasn't criticising you. Although I suggested it was a sarcy amusing thread subject title to begin with.
    And hey if a thread goes on and on with continued relevant comments on here (whether it be arguing or not), then who am I ehh to suggest its been a ruined thread ?!.

But seriously Animal, I liked this thread to begin with and I found it disappointing that some people argued about things that just weren't BFC football based anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    There's one proper ex-coal miner here loving it. As for that Jules on about Miners jumping ship for £ notes dangled in front of them obviously you now nowt about the colliers of Barnsley and you talk like an idiot.
    No Colliers....
    LET ME BE 1000% clear!
    I’m not in any way saying that,. My point is this, and I’m trying ( albeit not elequently enough) . To say that Animals point in that these guys are a band of brother.... What I meant was that they ARENT strong like the miners.
    And will leave the band of brothers for brass, ( unlike the miners who stiuck together ).
    I know very well how the miners stuck together. My family went through it just like yours.
    Most definitely NOT A COMMENT dissing the miners, more a comment about how this team ARENT A BAND OF BROTHERS like the miners.
    One, four or five will sell the team out at the end of the season for the 30 pieces

Nice to see you back.
    Last edited by Jules88; 10-04-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    No Colliers....
    LET ME BE 1000% clear!
    I’m not in any way saying that,. My point is this, and I’m trying ( albeit not elequently enough) . To say that Animals point in that these guys are a band of brother.... What I meant was that they ARENT strong like the miners.
    And will leave the band of brothers for brass, ( unlike the miners who stiuck together ).
    I know very well how the miners stuck together. My family went through it just like yours.
    Most definitely NOT A COMMENT dissing the miners, more a comment about how this team ARENT A BAND OF BROTHERS like the miners.
    One, four or five will sell the team out at the end of the season for the 30 pieces

Nice to see you back.
    I often read but don’t post (much!).

I think your post regarding the miners could’ve been taken the wrong way - you can read it both ways round

Like I said a few weeks ago, the magnanimous in victory patronising sh!te from opposition managers about us was getting tiresome

Morsy and Browne having a dig on Twitter to join the ever growing list of the anti barnsley mob (morsy who had a dig when Wigan were relegated, but did the true pro thing of jumping ship to help the cause - we know about his moral compass)

For the first time in years people have an opinion on us - the reason they ‘resort to our game’ is because the modern way is to p!ss about with it at the back. Defenders generally aren’t very good footballlers by way of control, distribution etc so if they have no time to settle they hoof it - this isn’t matching us up it’s the fact they don’t have the luxury of 8 square passes before a miss hit pass

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I often read but don’t post (much!).

I think your post regarding the miners could’ve been taken the wrong way - you can read it both ways round
    Renno, I’ve read it back, and I agree, I could have put it far better.... Punctuation, and the formation of sentences was never my strong point.....( although I did get my one and only CSE in English).........my point was that the players all play together as a supposed “band of brothers” during a successful season and then a few heads get turned. Then the band of brothers is broken up and loyalty forgotten about.
    My point was that the Miners DIDNT do this, yet footballers do this on a wim, when £‘s are dangled......
    My grandfathers,(Wombwell) and uncles (Denby Grange, Emley, Park Mill, and many more were all miners, my great grandfather, (a lay preacher from Elsecar) used to BAPTISE miners ACTUALLY underground!
    No disrespect was intended, indeed the post was meant to illustrate the Fickleness of the supposed “Band of Brothers” amongst footballers that we are supposed to have here, as opposed to the

Clumsy, I agree.
    Again, Colliers....Nice to see you post here for a change.... you were one of the most regular posters on here when I first joined, and I’m pleased to see you return...

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Renno, I’ve read it back, and I agree, I could have put it far better.... Punctuation, and the formation of sentences was never my strong point.....( although I did get my one and only CSE in English).........my point was that the players all play together as a supposed “band of brothers” during a successful season and then a few heads get turned. Then the band of brothers is broken up and loyalty forgotten about.
    My point was that the Miners DIDNT do this, yet footballers do this on a wim, when £‘s are dangled......
    My grandfathers,(Wombwell) and uncles (Denby Grange, Emley, Park Mill, and many more were all miners, my great grandfather, (a lay preacher from Elsecar) used to BAPTISE miners ACTUALLY underground!
    No disrespect was intended, indeed the post was meant to illustrate the Fickleness of the supposed “Band of Brothers” amongst footballers that we are supposed to have here, as opposed to the

Clumsy, I agree.
    Again, Colliers....Nice to see you post here for a change.... you were one of the most regular posters on here when I first joined, and I’m pleased to see you return...
    I read your post Jules and it made sense to me. If read the other way it’s not true so it’s obvious which way to take it.
    Doubt Colliers will come back on and retract his comment calling you an idiot though as like SB said he’s not very complimentary about us all for some reason.

As for the thread and the argument, I think both sides are true. There is obviously a great togetherness and us and them siege mentality with the players. I think every successful team has that in some way.

At the same time they’d all go for more money and chance of greater success. That’s what sportsmen now do so nothing out of the ordinary there ether.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I read your post Jules and it made sense to me. If read the other way it’s not true so it’s obvious which way to take it.
    Doubt Colliers will come back on and retract his comment calling you an idiot though as like SB said he’s not very complimentary about us all for some reason.

As for the thread and the argument, I think both sides are true. There is obviously a great togetherness and us and them siege mentality with the players. I think every successful team has that in some way.

At the same time they’d all go for more money and chance of greater success. That’s what sportsmen now do so nothing out of the ordinary there ether.
    Cheers , I’m not bothered if he thinks I’m an idiot...... I AM bothered that it appeared I was dissing the solidarity of the miners..
    I’ll be more precise in future.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We go round in circles to the same points.

I despise Ismael for cheating on clubs in Austria by breaking Covid rules in place at that time. I despise the owners for having no principles and employing Ismael after he was sacked at a time when few clubs would touch him with a barge pole The vast majority hide that under the carpet and refuse to discuss his sacking because we happen to be winning games.

I despise these owners for reasons well rehearsed but the vast majority are willing to temporarily laud them because we happen to be winning games.

Virtually every game I read from message boards is horrible to watch as Barnsley grind out usually odd goal wins with ugly, hoof ball,cheating/diving, time wasting tactics. When was the last time you really enjoyed watching a game, apart from the result ? Not for me. I don't watch such stuff.

Fans are fickle. A failure to achieve promotion will see fans turn against the club as quickly as they gather round to praise.
    I enjoyed the Reading game, thought there was a mixture of everything and a bit of drama. Wouldn't say that was fickle as we drew 1-1 rather than won. QPR away was a good game too, some sharp incisive passing by Barnsley in the 1st aif which was good to watch. Bournemouth away was a cracker again with some excellent build up play. Freiser equaliser at Bournemouth was the result of a multiple passing move, 7 or 8 passes on the deck then a great finish. We out played probably the best passing team in the division that day, took em apart in their own back yard in that second aif.

Yes, there's more to our play than tha giving it credit for. The last 5 teams that have come to Oakwell have changed from their usual tactics and made it a slugfest which dunt help. The pitch dunt help either.

I've seen enough to know that we are capable of playing a variety of ways to give us the best chance to win a game no matter how the opposition sets up against us.

This tippy tappy passing art from the back is boring to watch. A good example being the England games in the last international break. It's possession based garbage just waiting for a John Stones or a Maguire to lose concentration, get dispossessed and concede a daft goal. Even when England get in behind they check back instead of delivering a quick ball in across the 6 yard line for Harry Kane to put away. England don't have any world class players to play like Manchester City but they try to nevertheless. That principle will see us knocked out of the Euros in the quarter final stage. Yawn.

Laik to thi strengths and within thi means then thaz aif o chance o being successful. That's what Ismael has implemented at Oakwell.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast