+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL Moves Kick Off Times for Games on Saturday 17th April 2021

EFL Moves Kick Off Times for Games on Saturday 17th April 2021

The EFL will move the kick off time, of games currently to clash with Prince
    Philips Funeral on Saturday 17th April.
    There are currently 32 games across, Championship, Division 1 & 2, which
    are set to kick off at 3pm, on this date.
    The EFL will work with clubs, to determine at what time, the matches will
    be played.
    This does not affect the Millers, as we play on Sunday 18th April, against
    Birmingham City, at the NYS.

Not hard to move some KO’s at noon then others prob 5:30 ish later, the only problem is with them that we’re on live

Not sure this is necessary. There has been more coverage than I’ve ever known.
    If people want to watch the funeral they will, if they want to watch football they will. It’s not like there’s any crowds there?

Are the supermarkets, warehouses and wagon drivers all shut down?

like your trip to whitby wasn't necessary?
    Last edited by cupid-stunt; 11-04-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Not sure this is necessary. There has been more coverage than I’ve ever known.
    If people want to watch the funeral they will, if they want to watch football they will. It’s not like there’s any crowds there?

Are the supermarkets, warehouses and wagon drivers all shut down?
    I agree, but there will be players etc that want to watch the funeral "live" even though the TV will be awash with it for days after

The BBC have had complaints about their coverage so far because of the way the Duke's death got blanket coverage on BBC 1 and BBC 2 with the resultant cancellation of other programs. Basically it was 1 hour of "news" regurgitated again and again, the same clips, the same reports on both terrestrial channels. They even had a "special report" which said the same things but in a different order (Eric Morecambe style)

The complaints have been so numerous that the BBC set up a dedicated complaints form on their website but "forgot" to put a link to it on their mobile version webpages. Folks successfully finding the complaint form have to give their email address, which might serve to put folks off complaining. The BBC aren't letting on how many folks have successfully complained.

The ignorance of so many people on social media is just astonishing

Quote Originally Posted by cupid-stunt View Post
    like your trip to whitby wasn't necessary?
    It wasn’t forced on me though. It was a choice.

Is any trip away on a holiday necessary?

Get over yourself. Your self righteousness will make you vanish up your own arse.

Comparing my Christmas trip away with the funeral of the consort of 73 years really is a reach.
    Last edited by Scum-Triumphant; 11-04-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I agree, but there will be players etc that want to watch the funeral "live" even though the TV will be awash with it for days after

The BBC have had complaints about their coverage so far because of the way the Duke's death got blanket coverage on BBC 1 and BBC 2 with the resultant cancellation of other programs. Basically it was 1 hour of "news" regurgitated again and again, the same clips, the same reports on both terrestrial channels.
    The footballers that want to watch it could use their sky plus.

How is their right to watch it any different to the millions of others that will be at work?

The coverage has been well over the top. This news hasn’t come as a shock to anyone like Diana’s death. They could easily have used dedicated channels or red button access for information on Philip’s favourite socks between 1959 and 1960.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The footballers that want to watch it could use their sky plus.

How is their right to watch it any different to the millions of others that will be at work?

The coverage has been well over the top. This news hasn’t come as a shock to anyone like Diana’s death. They could easily have used dedicated channels or red button access for information on Philip’s favourite socks between 1959 and 1960.

The guy was 99 and had recently been in hospital.

It's well known that the broadcasters make these "tribute" programs well in advance, and probably at great cost.

They deserve to be shown but not with blanket coverage on both BBC 1 and 2.

Plenty of time for the BBC to plan in advance how they could show the coverage and to put the usual programs on BBC2 that they cancel on BBC 1 or vice versa

Unlike satellite coverage which we volunteer to pay for the BBC is publically funded.

A familiar Grist trope. I think the coverage has been excessive, but I'm not a royalist, and to be fair to the Beeb the coverage has been

ott on all channels (Dave excepted?). In defence of the Beeb they are probably pandering to the knuckle-munchers at Tory HQ who look

for any opportunity to turn the beeb into a branch of Amazon.