United lost badly yesterday, which isnt that surprising, it upset me. The law im talking about is the law that states that everything comes back to the middle.

Let me explain, im sure theres no name for it. When the genius Margaret Thatcher was prime minister, John Major was bound to happen.

When United were one game from the premiership, the future of non league was assured. When your life hits the heights, you are happy in your relationship, you are happy at work, there is more than enough money, the sun shines today, and for the next week.

Its bound to go wrong. Like United 1 Exeter 4.

Likewise, you have a serious illness come upon you, the dog throws up in the living room, you lose your wallet etc, that also is temporary. Everything returns to the middle eventually.

United losing is upsetting because it does hamper a promotion push.

There was a film of one diesel locomotive, a Peak i think, smashing into a barrier some years ago, just for fun probably, and it was spectacular, and i run the risk of not being an observer watching United finishing bottom of div 3 next year, and having a footballing disaster.

Which is appalling, i want to see United lose every game, or close to, and understand the pain of everyone involved, which includes me, but in a different way, it wont be painful, but it will in another way, that a political hooligan is in charge.

Its bound to happen if they go up. Because Barry is in charge pumping money into the community trust, lots of it.

And spending sixpence on the team. Everything comes back to the middle.

Stan of Birdwood Road.