+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebuild...

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Is it a case of Ellis or Rawlinson, not both, if Lacey is secured for next season?
    I would say so, and for me Rawlinson’s existing partnership with Lacey and younger age wins the day pretty comfortably.

I’d have no problem with Ellis as cover, but I think it’s clear he wants to play as many games as he can, which is fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It doesn't really help. You've told us he won't get the full four years, but you haven't said what you think he would get.

It's just that a couple of years ago you were telling us quite loudly that it would cost an absolute fortune to sack Ardley.
    For the sake of everyone else , and the message board as a whole please feel free to answer via PM.

We wouldn't want to derail and ruin yet another thread since your latest quote of one of my posts. I'm not saying it would 100% happen this time but let's be honest history tells us it's very likely, so let's be safe and not sorry.

Thanks in advance

One of the main reason we dont win many headers in midfield is because our 2 central midfielders are too small. Reeves is 5ft 8in and Doyle is 5ft 10in. Against Solihull, Reeves looked miniscule when stood at the side of the opposing captain.
    To get out of this league we need a couple of burly six footters who can battle and win those first and second balls..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    One of the main reason we dont win many headers in midfield is because our 2 central midfielders are too small. Reeves is 5ft 8in and Doyle is 5ft 10in. Against Solihull, Reeves looked miniscule when stood at the side of the opposing captain.
    To get out of this league we need a couple of burly six footters who can battle and win those first and second balls..
    Definitely agree that we need one to play alongside Reeves. Probably the most important signing to get right in the summer for me.

Doesn’t help on set pieces either - we’ve got the three centre backs and Wootton who are tall and good in the air, leaves us at a big disadvantage against most teams.

Sure. If IB was to be sacked let's say 10 games into next season after a disastrous start. He wouldn't receive his full salary for the 4 year term of his contract as Davy believes and fears. So the weakness he identified is based on 1 example, 1 manager hence why people laughed at it.

He appears to think a 4 year contract guarantees 4 year's salary even if only in charge for less than 1 year.

Hope that helps.
    And you know this for sure do you?
    Have you seen his contract.?
    You know as much about his contract as Davy or anyone else does.
    Your guessing about the situation but writing it down as though it's fact...
    Never assume, I'm sure you know the corporate saying.!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    From what I've heard in the media over recent years, managers don't usually get 'paid off' nowadays when they're sacked, they just continue to get paid until they find a new job. I assume that's what he means.

Someone like IB would be very keen to get back into work if Notts let him go, but there have been situations (one of the ex Chelsea managers) who are happy to sit doing nothing as they knew they wouldn't get as much money from a new job.
    What you have written would seem correct bushwacka certainly and educated guess.But some people are writing about IB's contract as though the info they've written are facts and mocking others for their considered opinion.
    The fact is know one knows the details its all educated guess work..

Oh what a surprise.

It does help, it highlights that you can't make a huge assumption and claim that you know the manager would receive a 4 year payoff if sacked at any time during his contract unless you've seen the T&C's. I very much doubt he or anyone has. I believe he would get (considerably) less than the full four years.

Did I say the words "absolute fortune", i don't remember using those exact words when trying my very best to explain why hiring and firing managers every single season it's bad for the club's finances.

However I do remember that's when you struggled with the basic concept of what a 'guess' is lol.

Let's give it another shot Elite, and we will go really simple. Do you think (don't panic, it's only guess) the 4 year contract has no termination clause and no incentives built into it as Davy believes?#weakness
    I thought you was going to tell us all about the clauses.. incentives and otherwise, you were on about these being put onto contracts when mocking Davy, so what are IBs.??
    Where do you get all of this inside info.? Is it of your mate stalled.?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I would say so, and for me Rawlinson’s existing partnership with Lacey and younger age wins the day pretty comfortably.

I’d have no problem with Ellis as cover, but I think it’s clear he wants to play as many games as he can, which is fair enough.
    I think we could accommodate both

You mate Stallard.! ****in spell check.!

Well that's just weird angry post.

Remember Pedro I'm not the person claiming that the 4 year contract doesn't have any termination clauses or incentives based on success as Davy did. Without knowing that his identified weakness of our owners is based on one example. Shock horror it's the one manager he (and your goodself) obsessed over for the past couple of seasons#noagenda.

P.S. I don't reveal my sauces, because if you do the sauce tends to end.

I like Ellis, he's hard not to like and has performed well to date although the GA column maybe doesn't show it.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast