+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebuild...

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    i tend to agree with that Durham, just one question that nobody has raised or even offered an answer for how long do we give our Coach, assuming we rebuild the Squad we will all be looking to move back to the EFL at the end of the season I would have thought.
    Depends what you mean by "we".

The Reedtz brothers will obviously decide the fate of the coach and I think he will be given the whole of next season at least, and probably considerably longer than that as long as performances are generally good. Obviously the owners want promotion ASAP, but I don't think that's the sole criteria by which they will measure progress. Even their decision to sack Ardley seemed to be part of a long-term plan rather than a knee-jerk decision, so don't expect the sort of "promotion or bust" drama we've seen under previous owners.

As we all know we've been through this debate and process many times before unfortunately.

If a huge overhaul is indeed needed at the end of the season and you retaining less than 10 players then it rarely helps with your chances of success the following season but will benefit the seasons after.

One or two on here have not kept Brookes in the goalkeeping he is highly regarded at Notts and I can see him being the number 2 goalie next season.

As for a rebuild of ten players or more if IB is as good a coach as we hope he is, a good pre season should see us in a better position next season whichever league we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    As we all know we've been through this debate and process many times before unfortunately.

If a huge overhaul is indeed needed at the end of the season and you retaining less than 10 players then it rarely helps with your chances of success the following season but will benefit the seasons after.
    Well finally we are beginning to see the weakness of the new owners

Unlike some of our previous chairman, that fired certain managers to soon ( The ones that had shown success), the owners seem to stick with managers to long, Ardley should have gone long ago, and now Burchnall has been given a 4 year contract,

You've gotta love it the weakness of our new owners is giving their manager time to succeed or fail.

"The owners seem to stick with managers too long". They've only had two managers during their tenure to date

You can't make this **** up, NCM never disappoints in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post

Unlike some of our previous chairman, that fired certain managers to soon ( The ones that had shown success), the owners seem to stick with managers to long, Ardley should have gone long ago, and now Burchnall has been given a 4 year contract,
    As long as our owners ignore comments such as the one above, they've got a chance of success.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    As long as our owners ignore comments such as the one above, they've got a chance of success.
    ...and I have every confidence that they will. Fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    You do realise that at least 10 of your keeps have made up the bulk of our team virtually week in week out this season and much of last season. Take a look at their appearance stats. Why do you there think we can go forward with them with any confidence they will get better. Flawed logic there i think.
    Additionally why would the players you suggest we get rid who have a year or two left on their contract walk away. They wont and we will have to either pay them off or hope they want to move on.
    Take a good look at the ones I’ve said we should keep and try and argue that we shouldn’t keep them. Not every player we have in the side has to be replaced as we have some very good players....don’t you think? Or would you like to sign 23 brand new ones?

I also didn’t suggest that folk with contracts would just walk away, it’s a list of who I would keep and get rid of, that’s all. Who would you keep?

I must say, our recruitment this year, after promising signs last year, has been pretty damn poor. Out of interest, do we know who is and isn’t out of contract at the end of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post

What a star? You have droned on all season about Ardley and now he's gone you need to find another target, brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Take a good look at the ones I’ve said we should keep and try and argue that we shouldn’t keep them. Not every player we have in the side has to be replaced as we have some very good players....don’t you think? Or would you like to sign 23 brand new ones?

I also didn’t suggest that folk with contracts would just walk away, it’s a list of who I would keep and get rid of, that’s all. Who would you keep?

I must say, our recruitment this year, after promising signs last year, has been pretty damn poor. Out of interest, do we know who is and isn’t out of contract at the end of the year?
    It does seem like it will be a summer of re-building both in terms of existing players being offered new contracts and new recruits as alot of players who signed after we were relegated will have been at the club two years.

From what I can find it appears there are at least 10 players out of contract at the end of the season;
    Sam Slocombe, Luke Pilling, Alex Lacey, Adam Chicksen, Jordan Barnett, Richard Brindley, Dion Kelly-Evans, Jim O'Brien, Enzio Boldewijn, Elisha Sam.

Does anyone know the contract length for the following 8 players as I can't find anything on these;
    Jake Kean, Tiernan Brooks, Ben Turner, Connel Rawlinson, Damien McCrory, Jake Reeves, Michael Doyle.

Loan Players;
    Mark Ellis (Tranmere Contract expires) Jimmy Knowles (Mansfield Contract Expires) Calvin Miller (Harrogate)

In Contract until end 21/22;
    Calum Roberts, Kyle Wootton

In Contract until end 22/23;
    Lewis Knight, Ruben Rodrigues

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast