+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebuild...

It's a very basic view a very Davy view but factually correct. It's how every Notts manager should be judged lol.

Oh I missed the word "surely" out my mistake. I'm sure if you were told there was a missing word you would have worked it out

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's a very basic view a very Davy view but factually correct.
    So you are saying that I'm factually correct, and by your own association Davy is also factually correct.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yes factually correct but also painfully basic. You are both certainly keeping things simple. "Four Four F****** Two!" Mike Bassett.

However I know you wouldn't be foolish enough to think IB has been given a 4 year non incentived contract where if sacked he gets paid the full four years. A weakness has been spotted but no need to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Yes they do get paid if they are sacked, what details do you know about how much Nolan or Kewell were paid then, since you lay into the former chairman over this ??

The weaknesses 1) Going with Ardley in the first place, after shown poor performance in relegation season, should
    brought their own man in
    2) Appointing an unproven Manager in Burchnall , and rewarding him with a four year contract ,
    before he has shown any promise

Not against long term and stability, but it should only be given, where a manager has shown some signs of success, not as a blanket approach with a just hope it works mentality
    Maybe the owners view the appointment in a much more positive light than you and many other fans? If IB does well in the next 2 seasons, he's tied to Notts and this will prevent us losing him unless we are happy with the terms of the departure.

IB was quite open that League 1 clubs were after him, what's to stop them coming knocking again if he starts to do well at Notts?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Well yes, we are 5 points clear of 8th position, with 2 games in hand, so a collapse out of the top 7, would show poor ability

I keep asking the question, with the squad we have currently, could the best managers get us promoted or not ??
    You keep saying that you want a "proven" manager....who is this proven manager and would they come to Notts?

Yes factually correct but also painfully basic. You are both certainly keeping things simple.
    Simple and basic maybe, but still too much for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    You keep saying that you want a "proven" manager....who is this proven manager and would they come to Notts?
    We've been down the proven managers route, look where's that's got us

It's only bit of gentle ribbing Elite
    I can always tell the difference between you two..... the usernames are the clue.

Proven managers who came to Notts??? Hmmmmm Howard Kendall springs immediately to mind. But who else?

Good question Carlton.

It's only bit of gentle ribbing Elite
    Of course it is. But "gentle ribbing" can also be interpreted as inciting petty arguments.

Still, I'm sure everyone knows you would never do that in a million years.

From my limited views of games I think none of the current squad are indispensable.

Also, players who are widely picked-out for the chop have put in good performances from time to time.

Let's hope IB has a coherent method for sorting the wheat from the chaff come the summer. I think this season is over.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast