+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebuild...

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    First of all i am asking you, not Queensland
    Second, managers usually get paid their contract if sacked, just like all the others were that you like to harp on about, yet the new owners run the risk of doing the same
    For me total madness giving an unproved manager a 4 year contract, he should have been given to the end of next season, and if he shows promise, then extend it ( even highly successful proven managers are usually only given 2 or 3 years )
    You failed to answer my question, backing proven incompetence as in Ardley, and backing an unproven manager with a long contract, may well lead to long term stability in the National League ?? That is obviously what you want , i told you Ardley was crap, he should not have been given any time, the owners made a big mistake , they should of brought their own man in from the beginning
    Oh dear. It seems you're mistaking your opinions for facts again - or maybe you're not.

In MY opinion Ardley was not crap, and the stats, which are facts, would bear this out. In your opinion he 'got us relegated' and 'failed to get us promoted'. Those are also facts.

It seems the facts we each select combined with the words and tone we use to frame them to back up our opinions are the real differences.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-04-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    What the owners should be doing is backing a good manager that shows success
    Backing proven incompetence as shown with Ardley , and backing a new unproven manager with a long contract, may well show long term stability in the National league

Currently i am nether for or against Burchnall, he has not been at the club long enough to form an opinion, and has all the dross Ardley left behind
    If we do not go up this season , it certainly will not be the Managers fault
    It will be next season where he is judged, and rightly so. But this leads to an interesting question, is the team good enough under the right manager to obtain promotion, in other words could the best managers get this team promoted as it stands , or do we actually need to strengthen the team. I think its fair to say the defence has been good this season, so areas of improvement obviously mid field , and up front of course
    It won't be the managers fault if we don't go up,but if we don't get into the playoffs then I think there will be many fans who will think it is his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It won't be the managers fault if we don't go up,but if we don't get into the playoffs then I think there will be many fans who will think it is his fault.
    Well yes, we are 5 points clear of 8th position, with 2 games in hand, so a collapse out of the top 7, would show poor ability

I keep asking the question, with the squad we have currently, could the best managers get us promoted or not ??

Yes the best managers could IMO, but who are the best managers? Could Notts County past "best managers" get this squad up? Without doubt they were all top quality managers.

Hypothetical and we will never know but would Ardley have got us into the play offs. I believe he would, all signs suggested he would and that's all we have to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    In MY opinion Ardley was not crap, and the stats, which are facts, would bear this out.
    Would they? By far the main statistical fact is that Adley was appointed in League Two and left us in the National League.

It appears Elite Pie is slowly but morphing into Davy500.

I must admit I never saw that coming.

I believe a decent experienced manager could get this squad promoted but not playing the ‘style’ of football we’ve been toying with, especially this season.

The owners have done really well so far in creating a stable environment for the club to move forward from and have appeared to move early in getting prepared for a good stab at the league next year....they’ve made the right noises about wanting to go up this season but I’ve a feeling they don’t really believe we will.

If I have any concerns about the owners it is about the quality of players we have signed this season, especially the panic signings like Griffiths, Golden, and Richardson. Indeed, we may as well have kept players like Crawford and Osbourne. I really hope they have identified what wins games in this league and will make appropriate signings to remedy our shortfalls.

It is possible to play attacking football without trying to be too fancy....Hartlepool are a good example. I hope the owners and manager realise this, I don’t particularly mind being in this league but I want to enjoy watching us play. Lets be honest, it’s been utter garbage this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Would they? By far the main statistical fact is that Adley was appointed in League Two and left us in the National League.
    Whatever anyone's opinion might be, it's difficult to argue with facts and that certainly is a fact. Or should I say F.A.C.T in the age old tradition of N.C.M?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Here he goes again...
    The saviour of the board who wants to cut out petty arguing and name calling...
    Only on county mad..!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

No, I'm just saying something I've said many times before.

I was just being me, but I'm not surprised that you missed it.

ps what does "slowly but morphing" actually mean?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast