+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebuild...

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Another thing Pedro, about the owners, is they should have never backed Ardley for nearly 2 seasons anyway, especially after Ardley incompetence during relegation season , they should have brought their own man in from the start
    I am all for backing managers after they have shown some success

And now Burchnall with a 4 year contract, madness, gives no reward for doing well, what does he care if he gets sacked, he gets paid for 4 years
    How do you know these details?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Good point QLD, they definitely have sent out a consistent message. They are thinking long term and want stability, if that's their weakness then I'm personally delighted.
    What the owners should be doing is backing a good manager that shows success
    Backing proven incompetence as shown with Ardley , and backing a new unproven manager with a long contract, may well show long term stability in the National league

Currently i am nether for or against Burchnall, he has not been at the club long enough to form an opinion, and has all the dross Ardley left behind
    If we do not go up this season , it certainly will not be the Managers fault
    It will be next season where he is judged, and rightly so. But this leads to an interesting question, is the team good enough under the right manager to obtain promotion, in other words could the best managers get this team promoted as it stands , or do we actually need to strengthen the team. I think its fair to say the defence has been good this season, so areas of improvement obviously mid field , and up front of course

Clearly hasn't bothered to read anyone elses post bar Pedro's which provides a level of entertainment.

Either not the sharpest knife in the drawer or possibly NCMs greatest ever troll.

Admittedly very unlikely but I pray it's the latter.

what you on about laddo, cant make sense of any of that waffle you just posted ??

what you on about laddo, cant make sense of any of that waffle you just posted ??
    Of course you can't, well that seems to have answered my question lol.

If you don't understand my posts, try Queensland's very straightforward and to the point post.

"How do you know these details?"

You think IB would be paid for all 4 years in full if sacked at any point during his contract? You don't think the contract is incentivised in any way?

My dear god#backtobasics

First of all i am asking you, not Queensland
    Second, managers usually get paid their contract if sacked, just like all the others were that you like to harp on about, yet the new owners run the risk of doing the same
    For me total madness giving an unproved manager a 4 year contract, he should have been given to the end of next season, and if he shows promise, then extend it ( even highly successful proven managers are usually only given 2 or 3 years )
    You failed to answer my question, backing proven incompetence as in Ardley, and backing an unproven manager with a long contract, may well lead to long term stability in the National League ?? That is obviously what you want , i told you Ardley was crap, he should not have been given any time, the owners made a big mistake , they should of brought their own man in from the beginning

Another thing Pedro, about the owners, is they should have never backed Ardley for nearly 2 seasons anyway, especially after Ardley incompetence during relegation season , they should have brought their own man in from the start
    I am all for backing managers after they have shown some success

And now Burchnall with a 4 year contract, madness, gives no reward for doing well, what does he care if he gets sacked, he gets paid for 4 years
    I agree with you that Ardley should have gone well before he did.
    But whether or not we agree or disagree with the owners about that, you can only applaud the way they supported the man they thought was the person to get this club promotion.
    They backed him with time and money for signings and then continued the support for loanees when gaps needed to be filled.
    I think a lot of people have lost sight of IB's appointment.
    As I see it hes a coach and has been bought in to improve players we have and coach them into better players within the system he chooses.
    He will also bring in players which he feels will suit his desired style of play and will become a better team for it.
    Hes not a Ron Atkinson who will have the media eating out of his hands, sit in the wrong dug out and have a laugh and a joke.
    He wont turn the team around by throwing out a few insults and chucking tea cups around the dressing room.
    The owners have decided that hard work intelligent coaching and shrewd signings are the way forward.
    This formula is one built on time and not on instant gratification and I for one applaud them for it.
    Off course it's no guarantee of success but neither is it one of failure as some believe it to be already..

".....managers usually get paid their contract if sacked".

No they don't. I'm afraid you lose all credibility saying this. I have no idea who told you this but they lied to you.

As QLD asked "how do you know the details"?

The weakness you have identified is that they stayed with one (1) manager too long in your opinion. That's it. That's where your theory starts and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    ".....managers usually get paid their contract if sacked".

No they don't. I'm afraid you lose all credibility saying this. I have no idea who told you this but they lied to you.

As QLD asked "how do you know the details"?

The weakness you have identified is that they stayed with one (1) manager too long in your opinion. That's it. That's where your theory starts and ends.
    Yes they do get paid if they are sacked, what details do you know about how much Nolan or Kewell were paid then, since you lay into the former chairman over this ??

The weaknesses 1) Going with Ardley in the first place, after shown poor performance in relegation season, should
    brought their own man in
    2) Appointing an unproven Manager in Burchnall , and rewarding him with a four year contract ,
    before he has shown any promise

Not against long term and stability, but it should only be given, where a manager has shown some signs of success, not as a blanket approach with a just hope it works mentality

Oh they get paid off but they don't get paid in full as you suggested.

I don't know the details and T&C of those two contracts as I've never seen them. But I'm also not the one claiming they will have been paid the full term of their contract.

Have you heard of incentivised contracts? Or break clauses? Or maybe even compensation clause/limit?

Before you make big claims you've gotta know your stuff Davy.

The only thing I do agree on is that the owners best or most valid time to get rid of Ardley was when they immediately took over. Not during that first season, or after losing a play off final.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast