+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any news on Roberts yet?

I would not consider Roberts for this season which is an absolute shame. Personally he was my "great white hope" If I am still allowed to say that. For me the season is over. We might make the play offs but we will never come close to winning them with this side. I hope Roberts gets his issues sorted and has a fantastic future. It's a pain up the ass that we find such a good player and then this happens both for him and for us. In other positive news Ardley is no longer the manager!

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    There's got to be something wrong with any team having to rely on one man.

If he gets back this year its a bonus, but lets concentrate on the boys who're fit now and let him get on with his recuperation with out the added pressure.
    Our players are fit, they're just not good enough

My line of though is to allow Roberts to rest for the remainder of this season, regardless of if we make the playoffs or not - get a full pre-season under his belt and start afresh.

No point rushing him back, the warning signs were there for a while with him seemingly flaring up after the Wrexham game prior to this. I just hope he eventually manages to put his injuries behind him.

Imagine a fit and ready Callum Roberts in this division. In August.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Imagine a fit and ready Callum Roberts in this division. In August.
    My thoughts as well, we'll not go up with this weak squad, hope I'm wrong of course

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    My thoughts as well, we'll not go up with this weak squad, hope I'm wrong of course
    Its taken Hartlepool 4 years to get to where they are and they really are the type of team I would expect to disappear into non league as they are a tiny team. They have a great manager though and he exhibits strength. Which is why Crawford plays for them in the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Its taken Hartlepool 4 years to get to where they are and they really are the type of team I would expect to disappear into non league as they are a tiny team. They have a great manager though and he exhibits strength. Which is why Crawford plays for them in the reserves.
    They aren't a tiny team. Attendance is probably in the top 6 in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    They aren't a tiny team. Attendance is probably in the top 6 in the division.
    Fair enough! I have a huge amount of time for their manager though. The best manager in non league in my opinion.

Nice message from our fans:

Out for the season. On O/S.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast