+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickey Mellon

I would be surprised if went to Doncaster. He has a job to build on here. He has got us comfortably mid table in a season we could easily have been in a dogfight given the limited strengthening from the Championship squad.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The Sheep sh@gger thread on McInnes ran to 619 pages mostly wanting him out but what do they know eh?.
    My Aberdeen supporting son in law wanted him out last season. Before.this covid.nae way would i want him at our club.safe pair of hands? prob.but no.That Beard.FFS.

I'm totally behind Micky.

It's been a difficult season for United to negotiate given the circumstances.

But we've staved off relegation with a level of comfort, and are gunning to get 7th spot with a possible cup run to come.i

I'm a bit worried that we may not be able to give Micky the budget he needs to truly turn us into a top six side. But he proved he can get more out of the players at his disposal. He's made us fitter than we have been for years, and the team fight for each other to the last minute of every game.

Micky also seems to know his stuff when it comes to game management. A quality that we've not had in the dugout for many a year.

Hopefully a bit of stability with Micky at the helm will bring about further improvement as we seek to re-establish our club as top-tier side.

He has done what was asked of him (maybe a wee bit more) under horrendous circumstances. Got to give him a chance at next season. Let him get rid of the players he thinks can't cut it. Maybe he will get a wee bit cash from MO or transfers. Let him have his own pre-season, and his own squad, and see how it goes.

Dodging relegation this season was a must, and we have now succeeded, might even make 7th. Not too shabby considering.

Looking forward to next season already. Hopefully with a newish team and fans in the stands. What's not to like ?

Mission accomplished this season, lets move on ....(hopefully upwards)

He might even win us the cup still, remote chance but we are still in it 😋

Year left on MM contract. Cld just be his agent doing the old trick of stirring things to push a possible extension to current contract.

Uch surely not another managerial merry-go-round... I'm really happy with what MM has achieved this season with all the obstacles that were in his way. I hope he gets the chance to spend some money and put his own stamp on the team. I would be interested in seeing what he can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The Sheep sh@gger thread on McInnes ran to 619 pages mostly wanting him out but what do they know eh?.
    To clarify I hope MM stays by the way, was just suggesting in the event he decides to go

There would have been threads wanting McLean out on here if it existed in 1978 after 7 years in charge

Fans just get fed up of the same person this day and age and get restless, Houston should never have been under pressure for example yet fans turned against him, he still would have got us top six that season Jackie took over from him for example on the back of 3rd 4th 4th. Scottish football fans and fans in general can be a pain in the backside for this, wanting change instead of letting a guy build an era while doing well for the most part, tbf Mcinnes lasted awhile and probably would have regrouped and bounced back from one disappointing season next year given the chance

I don't rate him overly high I've said that but for our needs he'd do us a turn for a 2-3 seasons as would Robinson, his record at well speaks for itself despite you trying to cast up off field stuff, they done well league wise, got two cup finals, developed good young talent in the first team

Either could help re establish us at the right end of we had to replace Micky

Quote Originally Posted by JJA22flup View Post
    Uch surely not another managerial merry-go-round... I'm really happy with what MM has achieved this season with all the obstacles that were in his way. I hope he gets the chance to spend some money and put his own stamp on the team. I would be interested in seeing what he can achieve.
    Another aspect. Every club he has been at he has been popular with the fans. Because of COVID he has been deprived of that interaction something he enjoys doing and would probably connect very well with. I am sure that has been really frustrating for him. We definitely needs next season to see what he can really do with the club.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)