+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickey Mellon

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Heard this morning that Mellon is away in the summer no matter what. Apparently no hard feelings on either side and his contract is a rolling one which means he could leave in the summer or get let go without any consequences. The source is fairly solid and I have no reason to not believe them. They don't often come out with anything unless it is spot on correct. Also said there is some seriously different views within the hierarchy about what 'type' of manager should take over. Interesting times ahead if this is all true.

I'd be gutted if he went after 1 season. It would always be a case of what could have been imo. I think on the whole that he's done a fantastic job.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    McPoke? Jesus GB, think how much compensation would have to be doled out to make that happen. There’s no danger Funny FC have that sort of cash to hand.
    Name:  money.JPG
Views: 586
Size:  34.1 KB

If he has to go i'm wanting our our customary £250,000 compensation package.Going by the season ticket thread we are gonna need it more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I'd be gutted if he went after 1 season. It would always be a case of what could have been imo. I think on the whole that he's done a fantastic job.
    I'd certainly be disappointed. Have been looking forward to seeing what he can do when given the right tools for the job. That said, extending the contracts of guys like Clark & Pawlett isn't filling me with great confidence. Does he really think these are the guys to take us forward?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'd certainly be disappointed. Have been looking forward to seeing what he can do when given the right tools for the job. That said, extending the contracts of guys like Clark & Pawlett isn't filling me with great confidence. Does he really think these are the guys to take us forward?
    They were the only guys in Forfar who either scored or remotely looked like scoring which doesna say much about the rest of them to be honest.

BTW if this happens we are turning into the Watford of northern Britain and that normally in the end takes you back to the Championship.
    I feel really sorry for Micky that he may end up being the only manager in our history to play out a season without a fan in the stadium.Mind you looking on the bright side he never had to endure the abuse he almost certainly would have received fae The Brae/GF Stand,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Mate, it was Forfar. I'm not asking to play Premiership teams off the park. It was the mighty Forfar Athletic!!

As for us having most of everything, here are the stats....

Possession: 45% - 55%
    Goal attempts: 8 - 8
    Shots on goal: 1 - 4
    Shots off goal: 7 - 4
    Corners: 5 - 6

So not as clear cut as you think. Possession was fairly even. Goal attempts exactly the same.

I'm trying to only speak about the Forfar game when I post. I understand why we've played the way we've played in the league but the cup was when I'd hoped for us to open up and play with a bit of freedom, however we've been rotten in that as well, not just against Forfar but Partick too. Partick could've been 4-0 up at HT ffs.
    Don't know where you get these stats the stats on bbc site have possession 35%-65% shots 8-12 shots on target1-5 corners 4-5 goals 0-1.Wee jum struggled to beat forfar needing a goal near the end in replay last time we played them with a lot better team.Cup games can be dodgy and teams from lower leagues sometime raise their games while teams from higher leagues sometimes seem to lower their standards most important thing in any cup game is getting through performance is a bonus.Yeah partick could have beat us but they never as I said winning is all cups are about really what might have happened does not mean anything if we get beat in next round or semi or final then complaining about it would make more sense to me than complaining about us winning these two matchs.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Don't know where you get these stats the stats on bbc site have possession 35%-65% shots 8-12 shots on target1-5 corners 4-5 goals 0-1.Wee jum struggled to beat forfar needing a goal near the end in replay last time we played them with a lot better team.Cup games can be dodgy and teams from lower leagues sometime raise their games while teams from higher leagues sometimes seem to lower their standards most important thing in any cup game is getting through performance is a bonus.Yeah partick could have beat us but they never as I said winning is all cups are about really what might have happened does not mean anything if we get beat in next round or semi or final then complaining about it would make more sense to me than complaining about us winning these two matchs.
    Just checked stats for the rancid septic match possession 44-56 shots 9-16 shots on target 4-5 corners 3-6 goals 2-0looks like rancid were only ahead on goals their fans will be ragging against a team below them in the league and at home.

Flashscores for my match stats. The BBC employ folk who still think the draw is to be made, so I don't pay too much attention to them.

I also dont really care what happened 30 odd years ago. It's irrelevant to what happened 2 days ago. Forfar was dire. Partick was dire. We should've been better.

Just checked stats for the rancid septic match possession 44-56 shots 9-16 shots on target 4-5 corners 3-6 goals 2-0looks like rancid were only ahead on goals their fans will be ragging against a team below them in the league and at home.
    Why would they be raging? They beat their nearest rivals and 2nd best team in the country. We were playing Forfar.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)