+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickey Mellon

Mickey Mellon

Doncaster interested in getting MM. Thoughts?

Unless he isn't happy personally or professionally I'd be surprised if after one season in Scotland he'd want to go straight back to England and in amongst those leagues again having managed down there his whole career so far.

If he goes theres very little complaints from me

Was brought in to keep us up and he's done that.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Unless he isn't happy personally or professionally I'd be surprised if after one season in Scotland he'd want to go straight back to England and in amongst those leagues again having managed down there his whole career so far.
    I’d be surprised too mate. Personally wld like him to stay and get a window to see what we can achieve.

I think we need to be United behind the manager tbh and hopefully that's the clubs thinking too. He's achieved target number 1 comfortably and we still have an excellent chance of a 7th place finish and a decent cup run. I want to see how he does after having a full preseason and a chance to recruit and offload. I get that the football hasn't been pretty at times and people want to see better performances but continuity is key imo. Points make prizes.

Definitely want to see MM stay at Tannadice; He's had an extremely difficult job this season, and he's achieved the club's objectives.
    I look forward to him having a proper pre-season with United, and see where it takes us next season.

I would like to see Micky getting a chance to show what he can do without the issues that Covid and Hearts brought to our door at the start of this season. We have so far exceeded my expectations, and we have a good chance of cementing 7th place.

Changing the manager is a massive risk because there is every chance the new guy appointed will fail.We were forced into it due to the Bride phucking up again but we should tell Doncaster to F OFF.
    Micky has managed at that level for most of his career and i'm pretty sure he will not be interested in returning to wet nights away in Crewe etc.At that level in England you virtually never get a midweek off with 46 league games and loads of wee shytie cup games to play.
    I honestly think he is loving being back in Scotland and it would take a much bigger club coming in before his head was turned.

I'd be surprised if he left but at the same time If he does then there are two very decent options available

McInnes and Steve Robinson

Would take either if those, even though Mcinnes had huge budget and other clubs were away giving them a free hit at second most seasons, he still knows how to get consistency, rebuild and he did a decent job at St Johnstone

So we are in a good position to have a couple guys like that available, and we would be a draw for them if MM decided to go imo

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I'd be surprised if he left but at the same time If he does then there are two very decent options available

McInnes and Steve Robinson

Would take either if those, even though Mcinnes had huge budget and other clubs were away giving them a free hit at second most seasons, he still knows how to get consistency, rebuild and he did a decent job at St Johnstone

So we are in a good position to have a couple guys like that available, and we would be a draw for them if MM decided to go imo
    There are two major flaws in your thinking,

1,McInnes would cost far too much and i think he would turn us down.

2 Robinson although a decent manager chucked in the towel at Motherwell and his temperament to say the least is suspect.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)