+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: SCOTTISH CUP Stephen Glass’ Aberdeen v drug dealer’s eleven

Fair play tae Livi though (he says begrudgingly) .... they fair got tore in aboot at times ... made it one o' the better games Ah've watched for a good lang while. Ah hope the boy Jet wis oot tae impress Glass .... a crackin' player tae hae in an attack minded side .... near enough untouchable.

Aye, he was a right pain in the arse.

At least this will be one of the matches that Glass will take things from regarding his squad. Big changes needed in the summer and new players to give us a better look as an attacking team.

I just read a bit of the report on the official site ( is it just me tonight or did they miss out our second goal)

I’m going to actually watch the highlights tonight on the telly instead of changing my “location “ so I can watch the English fitba then go to sleep.

I will probably re watch the highlights tomorrow and maybe even read a report or two in the Sunday papers.

Thank f’uck for that, I thought my interest had gone for good.

The game confirmed what I said beforehand - McCrorie and Hayes no use as full backs. I would play McCrorie as a centre back alongside either Hoban or Considine as he brings a bit of pace to it. Probably need to bring Ramsay and McKenzie in at full backs (not sure he’ll throw both in at the same time though).

McLennan and Kennedy are both hopeless. McGinn and Hayes out wide would offer much more even though they’re both ancient now.

I’m beginning to wonder if we should just sell Ferguson in the summer - he’s not been very good this year and we’re going to have lots of central midfielders on the book - maybe we can get a couple million and use it to strengthen elsewhere.

Hornby didn’t offer much up top today but the whole team weren’t playing well at that point so maybe a bit unfair to single him out.

Looked like we were trying to get the ball forward quicker, but a lot of the balls forward were terrible (especially in the first half). Good to see plenty players in the box any time a cross came in though - keep that up and the goals will come.

Well we showed character to come from behind twice and score all our penalties. We seemed to have a lot of possession but Livi had the clearer chances, their right back Devlin ripped us to shreds and he is definitely no Dani Alves.

Of the starting XI only McGinn gets pass marks from me. The subs made a difference, but Livi looked dead on their feet by then. Levi’s high intensity pressing is nigh impossible to maintain foe 120 minutes.

But, we are in the QF against the dayglo joots, in the cup that’s all that matters. If Premier Sports still get two games, we will almost certainly be on TV again with a bizarre kick off time.

Their player Jet looked so ungainly and cumbersome the way he moved and he simply didn’t look like he could play. However, he showed that he had a great touch on more than a few occasions, to my surprise. Their first goal was a great example - a neat one two, followed by a great touch to take the ball past the defender and then an angled shot to place the ball away from the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Their player Jet looked so ungainly and cumbersome the way he moved and he simply didn’t look like he could play. However, he showed that he had a great touch on more than a few occasions, to my surprise. Their first goal was a great example - a neat one two, followed by a great touch to take the ball past the defender and then an angled shot to place the ball away from the keeper.
    Big JET could do a job for better sides than Livi - they had him out on the right wing at times which the big man didn't seem particularly cut out for. He was a highly rated youngster at Arsenal, but never quite lived up to the hype. His technique is very good though - the nutmeg on Campbell was lovely stuff. He looks like he must be about 6ft5, but slower than a week in jail. Amazing that McInnes never tried to sign him.

I had a similar thought process to you DC - JET looks to me like a significant upgrade on Cosgrove. Same stature, but better technique. (Maybe he can even head a ball??!??)

But I can't say I've seen much of his other games this season and you should never read too much into a single performance. But if we wanted a big unit as a card to play upfront, he looked like an upgrade to me.

All that said, I'd much rather we played with a Kamberi/Hendry style combination. But if you wanted 3 strikers in your squad, he'd certainly have something to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Who should be captain for the rest of the season if Lewis is out?
    Gary woods?

Anyone know what happened to Lewis?
    Im guessing from the hit it would have been cracked or broken ribs

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast