+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: SCOTTISH CUP Stephen Glass’ Aberdeen v drug dealer’s eleven

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    Gary woods?

Anyone know what happened to Lewis?
    Im guessing from the hit it would have been cracked or broken ribs
    Aye that was my initial thought , cracked ribs.

Nae fine , I’ve had that before , hope he has a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The game confirmed what I said beforehand - McCrorie and Hayes no use as full backs. I would play McCrorie as a centre back alongside either Hoban or Considine as he brings a bit of pace to it. Probably need to bring Ramsay and McKenzie in at full backs (not sure he’ll throw both in at the same time though).

McLennan and Kennedy are both hopeless. McGinn and Hayes out wide would offer much more even though they’re both ancient now.

I’m beginning to wonder if we should just sell Ferguson in the summer - he’s not been very good this year and we’re going to have lots of central midfielders on the book - maybe we can get a couple million and use it to strengthen elsewhere.

Hornby didn’t offer much up top today but the whole team weren’t playing well at that point so maybe a bit unfair to single him out.

Looked like we were trying to get the ball forward quicker, but a lot of the balls forward were terrible (especially in the first half). Good to see plenty players in the box any time a cross came in though - keep that up and the goals will come.
    I agree with most of this. McCrorie should be tried at centre-back because he isn't capable at either right-back or in midfield. It's become quite obvious why Sevco was happy to shift him onto us though, although, hopefully it will become obvious to Newco why we were happy to shift Wright onto them...

McLennan & Kennedy simply are not good enough if we want to 'challenge' for trophies. The odd flash of mediocrity isn't enough to convince me that these two should be involved any further.

If we could shift Ferguson for decent money in the summer then we should. He's seems to have a very good temperament but his football doesn't match. Perhaps he needs an older head in the midfield with him and it would be interesting to see if Scott Brown improves him.

Dean Campbell though is continuing to improve which gives me hope.

I did notice that Glass seemed to revert to the older players again on Saturday. I know MacKenzie was cup-tied but I'd like to see Ramsay given an extended run.

I wondered why Ramsay didn't feature. From what I've seen I'd pick him over McLennan any day (although I recall at one point McLennan was playing more through the middle).

Kennedy is just an enigma. Not at all clear to me why we bought him. He looks like he ought to have potential but in reality he just completely fails to deliver the goods. If they can't coach a drastic improvement into him, then we should get rid.

In my earlier post I completely forgot about Brown, as pointed out. So in that context I agree with BB that McCrorie might possibly be converted into a centre back. He's got the physique, some pace, and a decent eye for a pass. Would need to see more to know if he's really got the sense of positioning and thirst for defending that all the best defenders have.

Could Scott Brown be an option for central defence. Probably doesn’t have the legs for a sustained central midfield role, but has the experience to play a sweeper role, either in a back three or back 4.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Could Scott Brown be an option for central defence. Probably doesn’t have the legs for a sustained central midfield role, but has the experience to play a sweeper role, either in a back three or back 4.
    I think Brown will be used as a defensive (sitting) midfielder who will drop back when the full backs etc go forward to bolster any counter attack against us.
    Glass will have spoken with Brown and Russell and agreed on what role Brown will bring to the team. It’s just a case of waiting and seeing.
    Another way of looking at it also is if we don’t really notice Brown involved in our matches much we must be doing well as we would most likely be attacking a fair bit. (I know it’s been a long time but attacking is when we have a go at the opposing team )

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Aye that was my initial thought , cracked ribs.

Nae fine , I’ve had that before , hope he has a speedy recovery.

Apparently it's only bruised ribs - out tomorrow but 50/50 for Sunday (a long time friend of his works locally).

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Apparently it's only bruised ribs - out tomorrow but 50/50 for Sunday (a long time friend of his works locally).
    Maybe nae a bad thing for the boy Woods to get a run of games and maybe give Lewis a bit of competition for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Their player Jet looked so ungainly and cumbersome the way he moved and he simply didn’t look like he could play. However, he showed that he had a great touch on more than a few occasions, to my surprise. Their first goal was a great example - a neat one two, followed by a great touch to take the ball past the defender and then an angled shot to place the ball away from the keeper.
    This was my post from a month ago. Glass has either been reading this or he, too, has a good eye for a decent player. I, however, take no responsibility for his signing as I don’t get paid for this work. ��
    Last edited by Shetland Don; 18-05-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Fair play tae Livi though (he says begrudgingly) .... they fair got tore in aboot at times ... made it one o' the better games Ah've watched for a good lang while. Ah hope the boy Jet wis oot tae impress Glass .... a crackin' player tae hae in an attack minded side .... near enough untouchable.
    ... Aye .... but here's my post which wis afore yours, so ye get a freelance coachin' fee, Ah'm haein half!

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    ... Aye .... but here's my post which wis afore yours, so ye get a freelance coachin' fee, Ah'm haein half!
    A three-way split between us and Glass then, with “add on’s” if the likes of Manchester United come calling in a year or two!😓

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920