+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: SCOTTISH CUP Stephen Glass’ Aberdeen v drug dealer’s eleven

Substitutions made at a time when they could have impact, instead of waiting too long. Tick.

Magnificent performance, Andy Considine. All through the game before the 2nd equaliser, the ball played across or back to you to play forward because of a lack of guts on the part of your teammates.

Fair play, battled back well twice there and played better stuff second half and extra time.

Couple of thoughts.

Never a pen - fuuckin disgraceful decision, that prick of a ref should get sanctioned for that. like players are. Could have cost us big style.

We are still far too negative - players like Campbell and McCrorie are just too safety first and always going backwards - its a big part of why we are so slow and ponderous. The amount of times we refuse to get the ball in the box is ridiculous.

McCrorie is not a Right Back - dreadful today. Kudos for stepping up for the pen though, same to the other 4 too.

Kamberi has great touch and technique - by far the best in the squad. Nice to see him get a goal. When he's up for it he's very good. The trouble is he's often not up for it.

Kennedy offers very little at all. Lack of confidence? Lack of ability? Probably both.

McLennan is even worse - absolute imposter of a fitba player. We improved markedly when he went off. No coincidence. I've no idea how he became a professional football player.

We cannot persist with Hayes and McCrorie as FB's. Neither are FB's, though Johnny's engine in extra time was very impressive.

We cannot persist with Hoban and Considine as CH's. Turning circle of a super tanker and no pace whatsoever either of them.

We cannot persist with Campbell and Ferguson in Centre mid. Basically the same player, though Campbell offers the least going forward but neither offer any creativity.

Big changes needed. We know it and I'm sure Glass does too.

Credit for digging out a result today. Need to play better to put away the jooot though as our record against them has been shocking this year.

Indeed Donsdaft .... bar the first half - where we were ****e, and yet nae lack o' effort, we were at team fa played as a team, could mak decent passes, could break wi pace, attacked wi aggression and purpose, used the wings, used the overlaps, hit the byeline, some decent crosses and balls intae the box, .... and scored mair than one goal! .... That's the team I want tae watch! ... If we'd lost on penalties, Ah would still be feelin positive.

My philosophy on penalties is that unless you’re Ronaldo or Messi, then power them in towards the corners and you’ll likely score, unless the Keeper gets a very strong hand or body to it.

Hope Mackenzie and Ramsay are given chance as full back pairing . I would drop McLennan and Kennedy to get those young loons in . That allows Hayes to move forward and use Ross or Hedges ( when fit) .

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    My philosophy on penalties is that unless you’re Ronaldo or Messi, then power them in towards the corners and you’ll likely score, unless the Keeper gets a very strong hand or body to it.
    As Livi's second pen demonstrates

Regarding the b~stard in the black. He and his linesmen made a few bad calls with the pen and a clear handball not given but in general I think he let the game flow well.

We're on about enjoying games more and nothing boils my p*ss more than a ref who blows his whistle and breaks play for the slightest little niggle. I noticed a few times today players seemed a bit surprised at not getting the free kick. Get up and get on with it is how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Hope Mackenzie and Ramsay are given chance as full back pairing . I would drop McLennan and Kennedy to get those young loons in . That allows Hayes to move forward and use Ross or Hedges ( when fit) .
    Glass didn't seem too happy with that row z'er from McLennan today. Hooked 5 seconds after.

McLennan was bloody awful, and I don’t want to keep on about Kennedy (like I did with McLean) but why?
    What is he for?

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast