+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its all Catching Up with us

Its all Catching Up with us

I'm not going to talk too much about the performance, but today has highlighted the issues with our wafer thin and ageing squad.

There 1-0 down, and can bring 2 Strikers on to change it. We go 2-1 down, we have nothing on the bench to change it.

Our lack of investment in our squad has caught up. We're in trouble theres no doubt.

They scored two good goals,we will still finish above them.

There's something wrong though when you have 20 shots and 13 corners and only score once.

Quote Originally Posted by CornholmeClaret View Post
    I'm not going to talk too much about the performance, but today has highlighted the issues with our wafer thin and ageing squad.

There 1-0 down, and can bring 2 Strikers on to change it. We go 2-1 down, we have nothing on the bench to change it.

Our lack of investment in our squad has caught up. We're in trouble theres no doubt.
    It is not so much a problem that the players are ageing if they were PL quality players.Defour proved that.We have a razor thin squad with perhaps 3 or 4 PL quality players.Even those 3 or 4 are not stand out players.We do not have a player or players who can change games like Ings or St Maximim.
    Today as always it was all long balls and hopeful crosses and we got one goal from a ground pass yet we still persisted in long balls/ crosses against a 5 man defence with our 2 forwards.We had 24 shots against their 10 and only 4 were on target.Brownhills free kick from the edge of the box summed up our standard of shooting.It was laughable.
    Our recruitment over the last 3 years has been pathetic and it is like you said it is coming home to roost.
    We have now lost 2 games against teams around us from winning positions and we are now in a relegation battle.

CIB, could not have said it better. Total lack of quality in our side it laughable and the owners appear unconcerned. Lets buy some more electric cars for the club, why not!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    There's something wrong though when you have 20 shots and 13 corners and only score once.
    It’s true Kritichris we are very one dimensional, Vydra imo look head and shoulders above our other forwards - we persisted with balls into wood who was bullied really by their centre backs.

As on other posts we’re lacking in quality and can’t bring players on to change the game , but my frustration as always is our inability to change / adapt to the opposition.

I also think our lack of quality is highlighted with our delivery in the box , yes we play balls a plenty into the box but they’re played into an area rather than to a player - something else that highlights our lack of quality.

I have not posted before but always read the posts, i have supported BFC ever since I first went on Turf Moor at the tender age of 4 and it hurts as much now when we lose as it has ever done. We have lacked top quality players for a number of years and this team is no exception, there work rate is phenomenal but we have been found out and desperately need more quality yet we have produced some great results this season but unfortunately not enough, in my opinion we will stay up but without investment relegation next year will almost certainly be inevitable.

Welcome Miked111. Looks like we're all singing from the same hymn sheet regarding players. I'd also question Dyche's tactics and his inability to adapt to different teams and even to change during a game.

Thank you kritichris, I agree Dyche’s tactics are not only questionable but predictable but having said that we could easily put on a performance at Old Trafford on Sunday and we are amazed again, somehow over the season he does it but surely as I always say he only sees what we all see and an overhaul in the summer has to happen.

I'm relying on Fulham keeping up their poor performances. If they improve, it's Ewood for us next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)