+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three clubs sniffing around Cal Roberts?

Three clubs sniffing around Cal Roberts?

From an oft reliable Twitter account comes this 'rumour'. Hope he's wrong this time.

https://twitter.com/ex_goodwin/status/1381198064694788097?s=20

The first genuinely exciting player we've had in years and if fit is definitely playing below the level he should be playing at. Unfortunately, the 'if fit' is the key part of that sentence and after seeing him limp off yesterday, I'm concerned for his longer term prospects. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and being melodramatic...

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    The first genuinely exciting player we've had in years and if fit is definitely playing below the level he should be playing at. Unfortunately, the 'if fit' is the key part of that sentence and after seeing him limp off yesterday, I'm concerned for his longer term prospects. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and being melodramatic...
    It reminds me of Ronan Murray's persistent hip/groin problems. Let's hope he can fully recover and stay with us.

No one is buying Roberts right now, wouldn’t really worry on that front. The concern is getting him fit.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    No one is buying Roberts right now, wouldn’t really worry on that front. The concern is getting him fit.
    Yep. He needs to be repaired both physically and mentally. If he can get back to full fitness, even if it takes months, he's a massive asset both as a player and financially for the club. Fingers crossed for him.

I don't think anyone will be signing Roberts until his fitness is well and truly proven.

The reality is that we would have to consider a bid if it's high enough, but that would actually be a vindication of what the club is trying to do, namely to identify and buy up undervalued young talent and sell it at a substantial profit, which you then reinvest in more of the same. Obviously it's pretty galling to see good players move on, but I'd sooner we have young players who attract lots of interest rather than journeyman players who attract none. It would also be helpful in future if we didn't release our best home-grown young talents on free transfers, only to see them re-emerge at least two divisions higher. But to be fair, that was under previous regimes, not this one.

He's under contract for a few years anyway, and I don't think we need the money. So if they want to sign him, they'll have to pay an amount that makes it worth our while. Personally, I think it would take a lot of money to part with a fit and in-form Roberts. Whether or not he'll ever be fit again is another question.

Gutted about his injury. He's probably the most exciting youngster we've had in a generation and a genuine game-changer. Let's hope he's back and ready for next season.

If true, Salford would be a club to be weary of with the backing they have. Crewe no loaded, MK owner doesn't splash the cash nowdays either

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    He's under contract for a few years anyway, and I don't think we need the money. So if they want to sign him, they'll have to pay an amount that makes it worth our while. Personally, I think it would take a lot of money to part with a fit and in-form Roberts. Whether or not he'll ever be fit again is another question.

Gutted about his injury. He's probably the most exciting youngster we've had in a generation and a genuine game-changer. Let's hope he's back and ready for next season.
    He was gutted himself. Didn't he kick out at something on the touchline?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    He was gutted himself. Didn't he kick out at something on the touchline?
    Yeah the cool box took the full force of his frustration. Really feel for him. That effort he had on the edge of the box where he sold the defender a dummy on his left and hit it with his right just underlines that extra level of class he has.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast