+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man Utd

Going by current rulings I can see why the goal was disallowed. It's a technicality. A tedious one though and I can't agree with the decision. As for Son he should hang his head in shame and so should the ref' for being such a pedant to the rules.

Talking of Son I remember watching my lad play football from a carpark near the pitch. He was about ten years old and didn't know I was there.

Anyway, a challenge came in and he went down like a sack of sh it. He rolled around on the floor squealing like a scalded cat..... but there was NO contact. I exploded. 'Get the FK up, NOW!'.

Everyone stopped and turned to look at me. Everyone, except for my son. He realised dad was watching. He shot straight up and started running after the ball at a rate of knots without any hint of a limp.

To the best of my knowledge he never did it again; wise move son.

Can you imagine some of these poofter footballers playing rugby? There would be more injury time than the length of the match!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Absolutely ludicrous decision.

If Son hadn’t been trying to grab McTominay’s shirt the lad wouldn’t have been trying to brush him off.

If you think that’s a foul then you’ve never played football at any level, your hands and arms are constantly in play determining balance and fending off opponents.

A “Snowflake” decision.

As for a possible sending off for second yellow card.........pathetic, the one thing the dolt of a ref got right!
    Son should have received a yellow and Cavani’s goal should have stood.

The players are probably told to go down after any such ‘contact’, sportsmanship has long gone and if feigning injury gets an opponent sent off, then so much the better, that’s how it is these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)