+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Utd

Man Utd

They don’t like it up ‘em Mr Mainwairing, goal disallowed, rightly so, Mc Tommanay lucky not to be sent off for deliberate flick into the face of Son, Peirea sent off for nothing as sinister as that, but hey it’s Man Utd, one rule for them one rule for the rest of us

Absolutely ludicrous decision.

If Son hadn’t been trying to grab McTominay’s shirt the lad wouldn’t have been trying to brush him off.

If you think that’s a foul then you’ve never played football at any level, your hands and arms are constantly in play determining balance and fending off opponents.

A “Snowflake” decision.

As for a possible sending off for second yellow card.........pathetic, the one thing the dolt of a ref got right!

Snowflake decision or not, the Utd player did that on purpose, his arm was head height, referee imo got it right, but bottled the second yellow
    Lucky Mike Dean isn’t in charge
    Last edited by Bombers right foot; 11-04-2021 at 04:52 PM.

I think McTominay did do it on purpose but Son made a 'meal' of it. The problem with football today is that players are making it very difficult for referees by continually feining injury. I'm fed with players going down as if they've been pole axed and then screaming like a stuffed pig. This has been more obvious with no fans drowning out their screams. It's embarrassing! Another problem is that it is virtually becoming a non contact sport whereby most tackles are considered to be fouls plus the fact that yellow cards are handed out like confetti. I don't have any answers, but along with VAR, these issues are ruining the game. I suppose the only way we will see change is if the players' attitudes change and I don't see that happening.

You’re both supporting what was a pathetic decision.

Did you both not enjoy the blood and guts and the honesty and ruthlessness of 70’s football!?

Jeez......you’d have been laughed out of The Hawthorns if you’d been screaming for these sorts of decisions in the 70’s!

I well remember the FA Cup replay at home against Man Utd in 78.......at the Brummie Road End Joe Jordan stamped on John Wile’s chest whilst he was flat out on his back after a tussle with Jordan.

Wile just got up, got on with it and then clattered Jordan every time the ball was in his vicinity thereafter as did Ally Robertson just for good measure.

I wonder if you’d feel it was a foul if it had been the goal that kept us up?

I suppose what I'm saying is that he did mean to do it and in today's climate it was a foul. However, I followed it up by saying that this sort of thing is ruining the game and I agree that in the past it would not have been given as a foul and rightly so. I tried to make that point but it obviously didn't come across as I meant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I suppose what I'm saying is that he did mean to do it and in today's climate it was a foul. However, I followed it up by saying that this sort of thing is ruining the game and I agree that in the past it would not have been given as a foul and rightly so. I tried to make that point but it obviously didn't come across as I meant it.
    My point exactly, in today’s namby pamby football it was a foul, regarding the 70’s era, proper football played by proper footballers as I have said many times on this forum.
    It doesn’t get away from the fact that the Utd player did it on purpose and he knew it even though Son made a meal of it, if Mike Dean had been in charge the player would have seen red

Yes, today’s football has become too ‘poofy’ but in today’s way of playing, the Manure player should have received a second yellow and been off. Straight reds have been given plenty of times for similar ‘offences’. I loathe Manchester United, the media, especially the BBC, have a love in with them and as for their plastic so-called fans, yuk!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You’re both supporting what was a pathetic decision.

Did you both not enjoy the blood and guts and the honesty and ruthlessness of 70’s football!?

Jeez......you’d have been laughed out of The Hawthorns if you’d been screaming for these sorts of decisions in the 70’s!

I well remember the FA Cup replay at home against Man Utd in 78.......at the Brummie Road End Joe Jordan stamped on John Wile’s chest whilst he was flat out on his back after a tussle with Jordan.

Wile just got up, got on with it and then clattered Jordan every time the ball was in his vicinity thereafter as did Ally Robertson just for good measure.

I wonder if you’d feel it was a foul if it had been the goal that kept us up?
    Haven't seen the incident and have no interest in doing so. It would seem to epitomise a lot that is wrong with modern day football.

Ever the one one to take the positives let's ponder instead

1978 FA CUP 4th ROUND REPLAY WEST BROMWICH ALBION 3 MANCHESTER UNITED 2

How many aspects of that match are so much better than what is served up today?

I'll begin with replays until a team won non of this penalties nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Myq6SgU2dI
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 12-04-2021 at 09:50 AM.

VAR is ruining the game, at least we won’t have that bollox next season, never a foul, football is a contact sport and mctominay was using his arm to create a bit of space while receiving the same from Son, if that’s a foul then football is soon going to be a non contact sport..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)