+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cals mum

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    These people are a disgrace and an embarrassment to the club!
    They are indeed Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I don’t think it is a good idea to name Roberts mum on here - needs taking down
    I think the fact that she's openly on Facebook commenting negates any benefit to removing her name from this little parish of the interwebs.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-04-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think the fact that's she openly on Facebook commenting negates any benefit to removing her name from this little parish of the interwebs.
    Be different if she was anon but as you say Swale openly on fb nuff said!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I condemn the trolls but they're a fact of life on social media and almost impossible to regulate out of existence. For that reason, people should stay away from Twitter, Facebook et al if they're not able to dismiss such remarks and treat them with the contempt they deserve. The best way to regard social media is like bad theatre - entertaining if you can see the dark humour and irony in it, but of no fundamental consequence whatsoever.
    They could easily be regulated with a change in the law to make the platforms the same as publishers. Which IMO they should be.

I'm genuinely surprised that's what any Notts fans think of Cal Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    I can’t believe these trolls are allowed to get away with it. Racism is rife on social media at the moment and should be dealt with harshly. For our so called fans to voice such vitriol about a player is beyond belief. What is wrong with these people ?
    How did racism get into this thread, is being Geordie a race??

It is disgraceful what some so called fans say on social media. He clearly looked devastated when he came of and I hope it's not too bad. Notts need to 100% sure he's 100% fit before putting him on the bench again.

Anybody who pays a lot of attention to what is on the internet really needs to study this:

https://xkcd.com/386/

Who would walk onto a pub or a crowded bar and pay attention to what a whole load of nameless strangers are saying?

It's not social media it's anti-social media. Once upon a time Farcebook was for friends to keep in touch (well actually to discuss which of the fit females in college were available), now the more aggro it causes the more posts are made the more advertising is seen and the more money Zuckerberg makes.

Do we know these people are actually Notts fans? Sounds like trolls from other clubs, but maybe I’m being too generous to some of our brethren and there really are some fans who are that stupid and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised that's what any Notts fans think of Cal Roberts.
    I wouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    I can’t believe these trolls are allowed to get away with it. Racism is rife on social media at the moment and should be dealt with harshly. For our so called fans to voice such vitriol about a player is beyond belief. What is wrong with these people ?
    Hhhhmmmm I wonder if it was Notts fans at all. It’s not like we are all on a subscription.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast