+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cals mum

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Do we know these people are actually Notts fans? Sounds like trolls from other clubs....
    That was my first thought, but - since we got relegated - I'm not sure who else's fans would still care enough about Notts to bother.... and we don't have any real rivals to speak of in tier 5. Has to be a very tiny percentage who think this way, if they do genuinely consider themselves Notts supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Once upon a time Farcebook was for friends to keep in touch (well actually to discuss which of the fit females in college were available).
    Are you really as old as your username suggests? When I was in college telephones (and I'm talking about landlines in your own home here rather than the 'Press button A' phonebox up the road) were just becoming commonplace.

This board is as close to social media as I get. I've never seen what Facebook, Twitter etc can offer to enhance my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Are you really as old as your username suggests? When I was in college telephones (and I'm talking about landlines in your own home here rather than the 'Press button A' phonebox up the road) were just becoming commonplace.

This board is as close to social media as I get. I've never seen what Facebook, Twitter etc can offer to enhance my life.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm older than you. We didn't have a landline at our home until I went to University so Button B to try and get my money back was common place. Even the first landline was a party line.

Farcebook "It began at Harvard University in 2003 as Facemash, an online service for students to judge the attractiveness of their fellow students. Because the primary developer, Zuckerberg, violated university policy in acquiring resources for the service, it was shut down after two days." The internet is your friend if you want to know more.

Facebook is fine, just limit it to really your friends if you're going to use it. Twitter is great for getting the attention of large organisations and for seeing up-to-the-minute information. Don't post what I had for tea or how many times I need to go to the bathroom during the night. Don't have either as apps on the smartphone.

WhatsApp was great, still ok - just dislike Zuckerberg so I've switched to Signal. If you don't want to make expensive calls especially overseas what else is there?

As I've said, why get het up about someone you don't know saying something you don't like? In fact why get het up about someone you do know saying something you don't like? In this current world anyone who stands out a bit for whatever reason becomes a target - bullying by any other name, whether injured, black, white, big, small etc. Always has been the case but now they can be anonymous keyboard warriors and very brave with it.

One system that disappointingly failed was FriendsReunited - it didn't know really how to make money and found that subscribers weren't that prepared to pay.

As far as I can see Cal's mum must have closed her account but his sister is still on though not discussing publicly anything recent.

Finally I do hope he will be ok but starting to look like one of those cases of long Covid, unusual in a male of his age but something is baffling the experts.

Likewise, if anything happens worth hearing about on social media I’m sure someone will tell me about it

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
    Whatever it was, I didn't say it twice.

I'm probably saying that you are more tech savvy than I am.

Facebook was excellent and the go to place but those days are long gone.

Don't bother with Twitter I never signed up but it's obvious why it's immensely popular.

Too old for Snapchat, Tiktok , young person's game.

I am however a fan of Instagram, great place to store and share photos of all my world travels over the years. A free secure online photo album to look back on from time to time of amazing adventures.

WhatsApp has replaced texting.

Whatever it was, I didn't say it twice.

I'm probably saying that you are more tech savvy than I am.
    Ah, when I do a reply that takes a bit of time I seem to get logged out when I submit. Sometimes when logging back in again the post has worked successfully, other times it disappears and I've lost everything so now I do a Select All->Copy to clipboard.

In this case my post was lost so I simply replied with quote again to your post, but your text was already in my clipboard and that's how it got there twice.

I did my first bit of computer programming in 1967 when paper tape was all the rage. By 1970 I was teaching myself Fortran and punch cards because we had computers available to us at Rolls Royce and learning to program the calcs required was quicker than slide rules and log tables.

I am not a computer programmer and all the calcs etc were engineering/aerodynamics.

So I might be more tech savvy than you but I'm maybe not as clever.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Do we know these people are actually Notts fans? Sounds like trolls from other clubs, but maybe I’m being too generous to some of our brethren and there really are some fans who are that stupid and pathetic.
    One of the reasons I stop posting on here was because the vitriol towards Ray and Aileen Trew seemed to escalate, targeting the family, etc. We absolutely have some fans who are nasty, abusive and all round bad eggs. But pretty much any kind of fandom (music, gaming, film, sports, whatever) has the same kinds of awful people.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm older than you. We didn't have a landline at our home until I went to University so Button B to try and get my money back was common place. Even the first landline was a party line.

Farcebook "It began at Harvard University in 2003 as Facemash, an online service for students to judge the attractiveness of their fellow students. Because the primary developer, Zuckerberg, violated university policy in acquiring resources for the service, it was shut down after two days." The internet is your friend if you want to know more.

Facebook is fine, just limit it to really your friends if you're going to use it. Twitter is great for getting the attention of large organisations and for seeing up-to-the-minute information. Don't post what I had for tea or how many times I need to go to the bathroom during the night. Don't have either as apps on the smartphone.

WhatsApp was great, still ok - just dislike Zuckerberg so I've switched to Signal. If you don't want to make expensive calls especially overseas what else is there?

As I've said, why get het up about someone you don't know saying something you don't like? In fact why get het up about someone you do know saying something you don't like? In this current world anyone who stands out a bit for whatever reason becomes a target - bullying by any other name, whether injured, black, white, big, small etc. Always has been the case but now they can be anonymous keyboard warriors and very brave with it.

One system that disappointingly failed was FriendsReunited - it didn't know really how to make money and found that subscribers weren't that prepared to pay.

As far as I can see Cal's mum must have closed her account but his sister is still on though not discussing publicly anything recent.

Finally I do hope he will be ok but starting to look like one of those cases of long Covid, unusual in a male of his age but something is baffling the experts.
    I found Friends Reunited useful, shame it failed. I think Facebook was part of the demise.

I don't really use it a lot, but I think that you would quite enjoy Twitter. You have to learn but I don't think that is an issue for you. Facebark is a dog shi**t platform and will largely be redundant in 10 years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123