+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FGR part company with Mark Cooper

FGR part company with Mark Cooper

Forest Green Rovers have parted company with Head Coach Mark Cooper after five years of working together, a tenure which made him one of the longest serving coaches in English football - and during which the club achieved its historic promotion to the EFL.

Chairman Dale Vince said: “This decision we’ve made today is about giving ourselves the best chance of securing promotion with six games left.

"Despite our collective efforts we’ve been unable to halt our slide in form, which has the potential to take us out of contention this season.

“I’ve enjoyed working with Mark these last five years, he’s made a big contribution to the club and will always be a friend. In football sometimes you just need to make a change - and with Mark’s contract ending next month, and us needing a change in the next six games - this feels like the right decision.”

As a result of the change, Assistant Head Coach Richard Dryden has also left the club.

Under-18s Manager Jimmy Ball will be interim Head Coach of the first-team until the end of the season. Further updates will be provided to supporters over coming days.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/club-statement-mark-cooper

The 52-year-old's dismissal came after a poor run of six matches without a win and four consecutive defeats left them sixth in the table.

Cooper had led the club to promotion to the English Football League at the end of his first season with the club.

Is Arfley a vegan..?
    Maybe a job for him, !

The assistant who they also sacked scored one my favourite Notts goals of all time. At the game that is.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Is Arfley a vegan..?
    Maybe a job for him, !
    Who??

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Who??
    Well spotted ...
    Ardley I believe was our manager once.
    Arfley is his alter ego..

Remember Ardley was God at meadow lane once

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Remember Ardley was God at meadow lane once
    He was to some...but not to others.! He certainly divided opinion.

Does anyone think if we hadn't got IB on board that cooper would have been a good choice for notts.?
    I don't as I think hes a Judas the way he treated us and stole our star performer at the time.!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Does anyone think if we hadn't got IB on board that cooper would have been a good choice for notts.?
    I don't as I think hes a Judas the way he treated us and stole our star performer at the time.!
    No

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast