+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FGR part company with Mark Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Does anyone think if we hadn't got IB on board that cooper would have been a good choice for notts.?
    I don't as I think hes a Judas the way he treated us and stole our star performer at the time.!
    No and agreed.

[QUOTE=ncfcog;39753332]No [/QUOTE
    AGREED.! 🤣👍

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The assistant who they also sacked scored one my favourite Notts goals of all time. At the game that is.
    Are we talking about a certain Richard Dryden? Love that goal too!! was stood in the away end that day. Happy Days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    No and agreed.
    Cooper would have been a good choice for us. He has an excellent record on none league and got FGR playing really good football. There's no pleasing some people!

I doubt he would have come back though, he didn't like it here the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Remember Ardley was God at meadow lane once
    He might still be if IB doesn't get us in the play offs

Just read an article that their chairman is considering appointing a female manager - reading it, sounds like they just want to be seen as a 'progressive club' rather than appointing someone on merit.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Are we talking about a certain Richard Dryden? Love that goal too!! was stood in the away end that day. Happy Days!!!
    I also remember witnessing a great goal from Dryden but can’t remember where (old age I guess). Please remind me for my sanity if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I also remember witnessing a great goal from Dryden but can’t remember where (old age I guess). Please remind me for my sanity if nothing else.
    Scored the equaliser at F***** with pretty much our only effort of the game in the 1-1 in 1992. I was celebrating in the home end behind the goal and, surprisingly, no one seemed to take offence. May have been a different story if I’d been in the Trend End.

Personally I liked Cooper, he got the team motivated and playing well. I know he didn't recruit any of them, but we had been underachieving before he took over. Would have liked to see what he would have done building from the promotion winning side, but he clearly didn't get on with our owners. Like everyone, I wasn't impressed with the way he went, and also the player stealing. We've rally been on the slide since then, the current owners being the first real breath of fresh air. I'm pretty optimistic for the future now, but it is still likely to take a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    Personally I liked Cooper, he got the team motivated and playing well. I know he didn't recruit any of them, but we had been underachieving before he took over. Would have liked to see what he would have done building from the promotion winning side, but he clearly didn't get on with our owners. Like everyone, I wasn't impressed with the way he went, and also the player stealing. We've rally been on the slide since then, the current owners being the first real breath of fresh air. I'm pretty optimistic for the future now, but it is still likely to take a bit of time.
    I'd rate Cooper as the best manager we've had since Martin Allen, he had that aura about him of being the real deal. His record here, for the short time he was with us, wasn't great but I'm pretty sure he never got to meet Trew in person and he was not given any assurances about his future beyond the last game of the season, so you can hardly blame him for looking elsewhere once he'd got us safe and then jumping ship. I remember his defiant post match interview after his first game in charge when he said of the players "They've got two managers sacked this season, but they won't get me out."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12