+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben davies

Ben davies

I am just not sure.
    Would he be a good signing?of course but a loan deal where we not only pay a fee but all of his wages too,seems crazy to me.
    The lad is reportedly on 40 grand a week and our highest earner is Ayala on 20+ grand a week.
    I know it's only a rumour but spending out on someone we have to hand back seems a little mad.
    If there is a buy clause in there then possibly it might be worth pursuing.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I am just not sure.
    Would he be a good signing?of course but a loan deal where we not only pay a fee but all of his wages too,seems crazy to me.
    The lad is reportedly on 40 grand a week and our highest earner is Ayala on 20+ grand a week.
    I know it's only a rumour but spending out on someone we have to hand back seems a little mad.
    If there is a buy clause in there then possibly it might be worth pursuing.
    This would be an excellent signing and one I think we will make. He will play where Ayala won't as he has glass ankles.
    He is a very good solid Champ CB. Better than Lenihan.
    He should never have gone to Liverpool, and will no want to get back to playing again, and re-building his career.
    This is the exact type of plyer we need.

Not disputing him as a player we need more the loan fee and decent wages he is on.
    Now a permanent deal would be great but can you see him dropping at least 20 grand a week in wages?
    Especially with Stoke and others lurking.

Not disputing him as a player we need more the loan fee and decent wages he is on.
    Now a permanent deal would be great but can you see him dropping at least 20 grand a week in wages?
    Especially with Stoke and others lurking.
    If Ayala leaves which they are still hopefull of, he leaves a £40k a week gap in wages.
    And yes, I do see Pearson taking a major drop in wages to revive his career in order to play football again. Maybe not £20k a week but I bet it will be something in the middle. which is where we are trying to meet him by all accounts.

Looks like we are yet to table a bid as Liverpool and Davies are only interested in a sale.
    I cannot see Liverpool asking much for him but wages are a massive stumbling block.
    You say move Ayala along but if he did go we would still need another centre back,that said the young lad(name escapes me)looks good in the friendlies.

Looks like we are yet to table a bid as Liverpool and Davies are only interested in a sale.
    I cannot see Liverpool asking much for him but wages are a massive stumbling block.
    You say move Ayala along but if he did go we would still need another centre back,that said the young lad(name escapes me)looks good in the friendlies.
    I think Davies is going to Celtic now, who knows. See what happens. We do have Carter aswell, and that lad (I'm struggling to remember his name too?? Philips? Ash Philips?) I would worry about the experience though. On the pitch, Ayala is fine. Who we need really. When he played last season we looked better & stronger, he did make a difference. Its getting him on that pitch and keeping him there. Time is ticking though, a few weeks until we all kick off again and we do need a RB, a CB and a few in midfield. They need 6/7 players. And that will change again if Brereton leaves. If he was to go, we need him to go now so we have time to spend that money. That said I personally would be considering Vale upfront to add to what we have.
    As I am unsure what, if anything we will see of Dack. Issues over his fitness and form worry me, we are likely not going to see the old Dack again.

Apparently a head of recruitment is almost sorted,so that could mean some incoming.
    It's all just a little too close to the season beginning with no time to gel.
    Expecting players at this level to make an instant impact is wishful thinking to say the least.
    Midfield needs attention badly along with a centre back and right back.

Little soundbites from the manager tells me he is getting unhappy with the lack of progress.
    On Wednesday after the match he was asked on transfers and he replied.
    "It's not my department but they know who I want"
    After that was the usual PR stuff
    "We are all working hard" blah blah blah.

Apparently a head of recruitment is almost sorted,so that could mean some incoming.
    It's all just a little too close to the season beginning with no time to gel.
    Expecting players at this level to make an instant impact is wishful thinking to say the least.
    Midfield needs attention badly along with a centre back and right back.

Personally, I don't think they need much in midfield. It will be Buckley & Travis. We have Edun, Dolan, Hedges, Garrett appears to be one of the next ones trusted to come in with the first team, with Wharton, and this very big prospect Philips. I think they will bring in another loan player to bolster up.
    They do definitely need a RB. And a CB. I think they will bring in a CB on loan.
    I think this team today, with Dack and Hedges will be the one that starts the league in a few weeks time.
    They won't bring in any of the loan signings until after the first few games as all the young Prem lads are abroad on tour playing for their parent clubs.
    Rovers first signing last summer was Clarkson from Liverpool on loan and they was 2 games in to last season.
    What JDT indicated was he was very impressed at the level of the young players he has taken on tour and up to Scotland, who he is obviously feeling could be in & around the first team for the coming season.
    They have no money to spend, and have no fee to put down for these players we get linked with. And our top earner is Dack on £17k a week. We won't and can't go above that in what we pay out attracting players.
    We can only spend money if we sell Brereton, which I don't thin will happen this summer. the Prem clubs looking will want to see if he can do it again next season. And if he does have another good season, they only end up spending the same as his he is worth now - £20m - in Jan or wenever. But they have this Vale coming through aswell now.
    If we got £20m we would then likely go out and get a few signings in. Until then it will be loans.
    Last edited by champs95; 16-07-2022 at 11:47 PM.

One question
    Can you see this current team getting a result against QPR?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)