I know things have been far from what we wanted this season but in reality it will end in much the same way and we will get around the same points total.

Firstly results, they have been awful for quite a while. Would they have been that bad if everyone (including Dack) was fit all season? No, absolutely not. Dack was looking and scoring like his old self when we lost him. That blow left a huge dark cloud over the club as we also lost our leading goal-scorer at he same time, and his form then dipped.
6 central defensive partnerships over the season, all down to injury, also made a tough season even tougher. Losing Travis was a blow.
For me, the few early season good results where the worst thing that happened. It made certain fans believe we would get in the play-offs. We beat some poor sides, who had all gone down to 10 men, convincingly.

You can break it down and surely even the most Anti-Mowbray person can see it's been a disastrous season for luck. We have moved from one unlucky situation to another. I have lost count of the amount of games a woefully poor decision hasn't gone our way. Brentford when we had 2 clear pens not awarded. And being fair, like every season, some rank bad performances and results. A long winless run. But would any of that happened if we had some of our best players playing? No probably not. So I feel its harsh to ignore some factors that put us in the position we are now.

Some poor things Mowbray has done, playing both Gallagher and Brereton on the wings when it is clear it does not work. Taking Nyambe out of the side every other week. Playing Johnson. Playing Downing, playing Bennett, when its clear all 3 are no longer able to have any input in a game. I'm not getting where he is coming from on those things.

But this insistance on sacking Mowbray and demanding some other bloke be brought in like it will suddenly change everything also makes no sense. People are ignoring that Hughton (who everyone wanted here) has done absolutely nothing at Forest. Pearson (who everyone wanted here) has done absolutely nothing at Bristol City. Warnock (who everyone wanted here) has done nothing at Boro. Wayne Rooney (the kind of young 'name' manager everyone wants here) has done absolutely nothing at Derby. I get why all of those are being massively ignored as it doesn't suit the narrative of Mowbray out, but clearly bringing in someone guarantees nothing.

I said end of last season, I feared we would struggle and be involved in a relegation fight this season, as I looked at how Covid would effect a small club like us, and also I looked at our squad. I would say about 2 of the players we own could even think about playing at a higher level. At best. The rest are miles away. We are nowhere near good enough for the play offs, we aren't even close. I am still confused why folk expect us to be close? And very little has changed, other we have lost our best player in Dack, which weakens us.

If we get no luck with injuries next season, it is irrelevant who manages us. As we will struggle. If we got a bit of luck next season, we could find ourselves having a much better more positive season.
We never get hammered by anyone. Almost every game is decided by one goal. We are normally chasing a game if it hasn't gone our way until the very last kick.

I remain unconvinced that another journeyman manager will come in and wave a magic wand and everything will turn around. Equally, I see both the good and bad in a guy who has done a better than average job in his time with us overall.

Its the unusual and unfair high expectations that fans set themselves that causes the bad feeling.
More worrying, is I do not believe Rovers will sell more than 4,500 season tickets next season. No matter if its Mowbray, me or Jurgen Klopp taking the reigns. Our decreasing fans base will ultimately dictate where we go. Which is absolutely nowhere.

Look at the clubs going back up? All the relegated teams, who are £200m RICHER than us.