+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This season .......

....and those absolutely appalling Prem sides like Norwich who got absolutely battered every week, but will come back down and not even break sweat going back up, such is the gulf (due to money, of which we have none) between the 2 divisions. That will continue happening next season with Sheff Utd, WBA & Fulham. I may be wrong, but I am nit sure they have won 10 games between the 3 of them this season in the Prem. You watch them next season.
    We are simply in there making up the numbers. Like every season. Sometimes you have a decent one, sometimes you have a poor one. For whatever reason. This is all normal.
    What has changed is this modern attitude of following these power hungry Prem clubs who sack managers like they are going out of fashion in the pursuit of glory. Because alot have resources, fans base to support that crazy notion.
    Personally I am non-plussed about Mowbray. if he stays, I can pretty much tell you now where about's we will finish next. And I know the absolute mess we are in off the pitch. So unless we roll the dice, get extremely lucky & find a Dyche, I just feel we will end up with another Mowbray.
    My fear is, if they got it wrong. I would not risk that, as for me every season I think they will finish around mid-table.

Yes financially we are in an mess but its venkys mess.
    I am well aware if they were to pull the plug,we simply would not survive especially with the ridiculous FFP strangling any lower league team.
    Injuries have plagued our season but so has very strange decisions from our manager.
    Its got to a point now,that if he remains at the club,ewwod will become a bigger soulless stadium than it was pre co vid.
    The largest amount of this fan base has had enough of the same pre/post match chat,the same bizarre chop and change style,mixed with square pegs in round holes.
    Sure Injuries have played an unfortunate part and we could see next season but venkys fund us and how long do they want to be part of mowbrays "journey"

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Yes financially we are in an mess but its venkys mess.
    I am well aware if they were to pull the plug,we simply would not survive especially with the ridiculous FFP strangling any lower league team.
    Injuries have plagued our season but so has very strange decisions from our manager.
    Its got to a point now,that if he remains at the club,ewwod will become a bigger soulless stadium than it was pre co vid.
    The largest amount of this fan base has had enough of the same pre/post match chat,the same bizarre chop and change style,mixed with square pegs in round holes.
    Sure Injuries have played an unfortunate part and we could see next season but venkys fund us and how long do they want to be part of mowbrays "journey"
    Nah. Alot where moaning that we only came second in the Div1 promotion season. Promotion was the only important thing. Most moaned that we didnt win every game. There was a reason we got 28k vrs Oxford when we went up. And only got 10k in our first season back. Our fans are the biggest joke. Not Mowbray or our debt. It's the radiculous fans. Of which we have hardly any. But yet demand we should get in the play offs. £200m debt means we cant spend any money Robin. Its Blackburn Rovers problem. We cant improve. Football doesn't want unfashionable sides to improve. They want the same big 6 challenging every season. The rest of us are merely here to make up the numbers.

The bottom line is we need to find the next unknown gem,who really can squeeze water out of a dry flannel.
    Mowbray isn't that man,I am not sure he is capable of average anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The bottom line is we need to find the next unknown gem,who really can squeeze water out of a dry flannel.
    Mowbray isn't that man,I am not sure he is capable of average anymore.
    We will finish around 13-15th with around 60 points which is almost what we have got in all the past seasons. We aren't going anywhere. But neither is Mowbray, so it's time for people to move onto something else.

If he stays,ewood will not even hit 10000 in attendance.
    I am ok that we are a championship team,what I can't put up with is a clear indication,this team is going backwards.

I will guarantee now they will sell no more than 4,500 season tickets for the new season. Perhaps 8,500 when Mourinho takes over

similar things being said last season.
    Actually it was being predicated we would go down under Mowbray.
    We didnt.
    We actually finished 8th after selling our best player and spent no money.
    But that was deemed as failure because we where 3rd in Jan.
    Of course the fact Bournemouth then went out and spent a fortune had no impact.
    Like I said on the other thread. No matter what what we do, its all doomed to failure no matter what. Good bad or indifferent.
    I just feel really sorry for a a decent manager who has been here 5 mins having to listen to all of this.
    Its beyond crazy.

Fancy fishing an old thread out.
    I am judging on what we have now a bunch of kids.
    They could surprise me and believe it or not I want to be surprised.
    I want Blackburn Rovers to do well but if I am unhappy I will speak my mind.
    After all you are allowed an opinion even if it doesn't match with yours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)