+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players so far this season

Players so far this season

Just for fun

Player of the Season -Dallas
    Best Signing - Obvious and begins with an R
    Biggest surprise - how well Bamford has pushed on
    Best individual moment from a player - Bamford Hatrick v Villa
    Biggest disappointment - Foreshaw/Berardi being still not fit to play
    Best youngster/one to watch - Drameh

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Just for fun

Player of the Season -Dallas
    Best Signing - Obvious and begins with an R
    Biggest surprise - how well Bamford has pushed on
    Best individual moment from a player - Bamford Hatrick v Villa
    Biggest disappointment - Foreshaw/Berardi being still not fit to play
    Best youngster/one to watch - Drameh
    Agree with all except biggest disappointment. For me it has been Rodrigo. We paid a lot and he has not been very influential or consistent. I must admit though its the money paid that makes it disappointing. If it wasn't such a high price, I wouldn't be so disappointed. Wrong way of thinking I know but just can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Agree with all except biggest disappointment. For me it has been Rodrigo. We paid a lot and he has not been very influential or consistent. I must admit though its the money paid that makes it disappointing. If it wasn't such a high price, I wouldn't be so disappointed. Wrong way of thinking I know but just can't help it.
    I tend to be of the opinion that Rodrigo is a good player who has been unfortunate with niggling injuries. My hope is that he loses his place with Spain for the Euro's and then gets a full pre season with Bielsa and comes back next season to be the player we want him to be, and to have the influence I think he is well capable of.

As for your other points agree in the main, but Regrets wise - wish that Both Koch and Llorrente had been fully fit for the whole of the season - think we would then have been about 8th.

Oh and the biggest regrets of all are that we didn't have fans at ER all season, and that VAR - or rather the muppets that are inconsistently interpreting it - has tiurned out to be the single biggest spoiler of football this season, and is ruining the matchday experience..
    Last edited by Tichi1; 14-04-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    I tend to be of the opinion that Rodrigo is a good player who has been unfortunate with niggling injuries. My hope is that he loses his place with Spain for the Euro's and then gets a full pre season with Bielsa and comes back next season to be the player we want him to be, and to have the influence I think he is well capable of.

As for your other points agree in the main, but Regrets wise - wish that Both Koch and Llorrente had been fully fit for the whole of the season - think we would then have been about 8th.

Oh and the biggest regrets of all are that we didn't have fans at ER all season, and that VAR - or rather the muppets that are inconsistently interpreting it - has tiurned out to be the single biggest spoiler of football this season, and is ruining the matchday experience..
    Agree biggest disappointment is not having fans to watch.

Was more focused on players though.

In Rodrigo think he has shown in patches how good he can be - and then as you say promptly got injured. Look at Llorente now - once he stayed fit and got match fit he has been incredible both with the ball and defending.

Biggest disappointment is no fans so raphina, llorente etc had the Elland Road experience, biggest surprise is Bamford and how he's adapted to the premier league, plus dallas and how amazing he's been.

Player of the Season - Phillips (I love Dallas but for me Kalvin has been irreplaceable when he is out
    Best Signing - Raphina at the moment but I think long term Llorente could take that spot
    Biggest surprise - I know this isn't whats meant but getting humped 3-0 by Crawley was a bloody surprise
    Best individual moment from a player - Phillips performance vs City, Bamford vs Villa
    Biggest disappointment - No fans, imagine these games with fans in attendance (though I think results would be different)
    Best youngster/one to watch - Meslier, I know he is already in team but he is still 21, most keepers don't get first team football at this level till they're 24!

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Agree biggest disappointment is not having fans to watch.

Was more focused on players though.

In Rodrigo think he has shown in patches how good he can be - and then as you say promptly got injured. Look at Llorente now - once he stayed fit and got match fit he has been incredible both with the ball and defending.
    Rodrigo with a full season will be quality he has just had no luck with COVID, injuries etc. Selfishly him missing out on Spain squad for Euros could be a blessing as he gets a full off season to rest up and doesn't risk another injury but in all honesty I want to see him there representing LUFC at a major tournament

Monday's game will be interesting from several perspectives; who will play and where - no Cooper, mixed reports on Raphina. Will Alioski play at left back and can he cope with Salah if he does or will he pick up a quick yellow and have Bielsa bring him off???????

"and have Bielsa bring him off", conjures up an image I'd prefer not to have, would suggest "and substitute him" instead? I know, mind like a sewer, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "and have Bielsa bring him off", conjures up an image I'd prefer not to have, would suggest "and substitute him" instead? I know, mind like a sewer, sorry!
    Now you know why I got the sack from my last job writing children's books

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)