+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Coventry City

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Coventry City

Is everyone ready for it? It seems to have taken an age to get here yet it's been less that 48 hours. Winning this will make life easier but it's not over if we lose. It means we have to do it the hard way. Kinel! Tell me a time when being a Miller has been easy

There's a saying 'They don't come much bigger than this'. Are they talking about the fat lass tuning up in the wings or Wing tuning up a fat lass? Wing certainly has made a difference to the way we've played. Barlaser was able to more further up the field on Tuesday with Wing not being there albeit as a man marker and Old MacDonald took Barlasers place in front of the back four. To be honest the 2 lots of midfielders did the business Tuesday night and each one deserves credit.
    The forruds ont other hand took the credit with some super goals but what about the defence? Lucky or what? Making them shoot from outside the area for most of the game was a bit good! The Viking did alright int net I suppose as well! Better not leave him out!

I don't know how tense you lot have been today but it's not been enjoyable really. I'm stuck in lockdown and I would have probably, most likely have been watching this tonight with Perigordmiller whilst the wives knitted some new scarves for next seasons campaigne. We'd have been drinking beer and having a laugh just like you would have been with your mates.

The New York Stadium was built for matches like this! 'Like a final' one old bloke wrote on another thread! The Preston North End Semi final is the game I'm ranking it against.
    It is going to seem odder than most matches not being there tonight though! Maybe some of you have booked an outside table at a pub to watch this and I know some that have.

But just imagine walking down to the ground! Listening to the badly played bagpipes near Popeyes the burger man, Grumbling at what they're going to do with the Guest and Crimes building as you walk past and looking around at the flimsy fencing installed to keep dividing supporters away from each other after the match is over.

It's the reason we all watch football! It's like a derby but with more at stake! It's a night we're relying on a group of blokes dressed in the beloved red and white of Rotherham United! Like worriors they're representing what we feel inside!

We're behind every one of them aren't we?! We can go a long way tonight with a win, a long way to creating a sustained stay in the Champioship! We need it to happen! It will happen!

COME ON YOU REDS!

Ps: the police have reminded everyone to stay off the pitch at the final whistle!
    Last edited by frogmiller; 15-04-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Good luck tonight Millers,i genuinely hope you stay up and not because you staying up would more than likely seal the Pigs downfall(if it aint sealed already) but because i do like the Millers and when life is "normal" covid free, i usually go to see at least 5 games a season at The New York stadium.UTB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Good luck tonight Millers,i genuinely hope you stay up and not because you staying up would more than likely seal the Pigs downfall(if it aint sealed already) but because i do like the Millers and when life is "normal" covid free, i usually go to see at least 5 games a season at The New York stadium.UTB
    Youre a good lad Rod, those 5 games will inevitably be 7 next year though, that said you are champions in waiting in this league!

On to the match...nervous or what, need to numb the nerves with a few sherberts

I thought the game was tomorrow Frog?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 15-04-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Name:  9DC8F46A-A37F-4CE6-B130-EC497C7E3A06.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  29.0 KB

JARRED GILLETT -card happy
    Paul Hodskinson and Philip Dermott
    Fourth Official: Darren Bond
    Last edited by millertop; 15-04-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I thought the game was tomorrow Frog?
    Don't do that CAM

Connections
    https://t.co/aKqUT1JcRx?amp=1

Head-to-Head Record

Sky Blues Wins – 12

Draws – 7

Rotherham Wins – 8

Nerves are jangling a bit. Wish game wasn’t on Sky. Hope the boys come out fighting! UTM!!

Feel free to post any links

Johansson; Olosunde, Ihiekwe, Wood (C), A.MacDonald, Harding; Lindsay, Wiles, Wing; Crooks; Smith.

SUBS | Blackman, Giles, S.MacDonald, Barlaser, Ogbene, Sadlier, Hirst, Ladapo.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast