+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Post Micturition dribble

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Bit similar with me Eric. I'm due my yearly test now. My pSA level was7 last time I think. I have had the biopsy and wunt have it again unless really high, not the most pleasant experience! Mine not cancer either atm at least so far as I know but had a check a couple of years back cos my dad had it later in life. (Although I was told that your dad having it does not increase your risk of having it that much)

CTMiller. I was on tamsulosin but didn't find it had much effect so packed in with it. If it got worse though I would take it again.

Although a lot is made of prostate cancer I was reading the other day that usually men die of other things even if they hav e prostate cancer. My dad being an example of this dying of strokes/ dementia. Men can have pSA levels over 100 and still not have cancer so its important not to panic too much about it. In saying that I would still urge men with wee probs to get em checked out.

By the way the MRI scan for those who have never had one is a weird experience its like somebody putting you up to your neck in a weshin machine without the spin cycle or watter for 10 mins! In saying that I would sooner have another MRI scan than a biopsy.
    My father had a enlarged prostate, taken into Rotherham General for a operation, after not being able to pass water.
    Myself, one Sunday I was getting pains in my groin area, when I passed water, went into the Rotherham walk in
    medical centre, they checked my urine, saying I had a water infection, giving me antibiotics.
    But still having problems, after about 8 weeks i went to my doctors surgery, my doctor got straight on phone to
    the Urology department at Rotherham General Hospital, 3 days later saw a consultant, who said I needed
    a biopsy.
    The consultant gave me antibiotics, to start taking 3-4 days before biopsy, had the biopsy, not a nice
    experience, came out of the hospital walking like John Wayne.
    Worse thing was I got a infection from it, my wife had to send for a doctor, laid up for some days, like a
    bad flu infection, lost weight.
    Finally back to consultant, told me I had not got cancer, brought tears to eyes.
    After that biopsy I told my consultant, I wasn't to happy about having another one, so he said to have a
    mri scan.
    He is going to ring at home, to find out my recent psa result, if high to have a mri scan, which it is, so
    when he phones, he will be arranging a mri scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    My father had a enlarged prostate, taken into Rotherham General for a operation, after not being able to pass water.
    Myself, one Sunday I was getting pains in my groin area, when I passed water, went into the Rotherham walk in
    medical centre, they checked my urine, saying I had a water infection, giving me antibiotics.
    But still having problems, after about 8 weeks i went to my doctors surgery, my doctor got straight on phone to
    the Urology department at Rotherham General Hospital, 3 days later saw a consultant, who said I needed
    a biopsy.
    The consultant gave me antibiotics, to start taking 3-4 days before biopsy, had the biopsy, not a nice
    experience, came out of the hospital walking like John Wayne.
    Worse thing was I got a infection from it, my wife had to send for a doctor, laid up for some days, like a
    bad flu infection, lost weight.
    Finally back to consultant, told me I had not got cancer, brought tears to eyes.
    After that biopsy I told my consultant, I wasn't to happy about having another one, so he said to have a
    mri scan.
    He is going to ring at home, to find out my recent psa result, if high to have a mri scan, which it is, so
    when he phones, he will be arranging a mri scan.
    Good luck with it Eric. Hopefully you will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    The stuff you read on MM!! Lol.
    I find it far more interesting and informative than trying to change strangers minds about which political stance is the correct one.

Had the bladder checked out when I passed 60 years of age. I have never felt as much excruciating pain in all my life. The Consultant told me it might feel uncomfortable, what an understatement! Give me toothache and earache all day long compared to how that hurt.

ELK was right saying you walk out like John Wayne's saddlebags, you cannot walk straight after that I kid you not. The pain was so much I had tears, in silence, running down my cheeks. The nurse bless her was trying to keep me calm and I don't recall being offered anything to ease the pain. Thankfully I got the all clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Had the bladder checked out when I passed 60 years of age. I have never felt as much excruciating pain in all my life. The Consultant told me it might feel uncomfortable, what an understatement! Give me toothache and earache all day long compared to how that hurt.

ELK was right saying you walk out like John Wayne's saddlebags, you cannot walk straight after that I kid you not. The pain was so much I had tears, in silence, running down my cheeks. The nurse bless her was trying to keep me calm and I don't recall being offered anything to ease the pain. Thankfully I got the all clear.
    In the end that makes it sort of worth it Brin.

Was it your bladder or prostate Brin..not the same... think Eric was talking about his prostate but stand to be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    The stuff you read on MM!! Lol.
    Yeah, I'm glad you put lol and not pmsl

Remember a poster putting symptoms on the board , I said straight away, that he had gout.
    which he found out later was correct, sometimes we can all get help, if someone has
    experienced something.
    What made me laugh one time was, I & my wife go out with a couple for a drink, we were
    arranging to go one afternoon, I said we could not go, because i was at hospital, seeing
    a Urology consultant.
    Mates wife said what was it for, I said to check my prostate, she said, I'm going to doctors
    to have my prostate checked, nearly fell off chair laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I find it far more interesting and informative than trying to change strangers minds about which political stance is the correct one.
    You are but a young whipper snapper Scum but when you get to our age you may experience summat similar. I hope you dont by the way but if you do at least you will have an idea what those who have prostate probs go thru. Its not the end of the world having an enlarged prostate there are much worse things in life and although prostate cancer aint good if you are unfortunate enough to get it, it is generally a lot slower progressing cancer than some other types. Its the old story though: catch it early.

German urology doctors have been prescribing saw palmetto supplements for prostate health for many many years but our NHS refuse to have anything to do with herbal products for any kind of illness.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    In the end that makes it sort of worth it Brin.

Was it your bladder or prostate Brin..not the same... think Eric was talking about his prostate but stand to be corrected.
    Bladder pal.My poor mum has battled bladder cancer for the last 4 years on and off, I also lost my Father aged 49 to cancer of the bowel. Taking my age into consideration and my parents past history, the Doc thought I'd best have the camera into the bladder to check all was okay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast