+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Relegation or Survival??

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hope so...and if we can’t it’ll mean we’ve won no more than two of our last fif**** and we’ll deserve to go down and WR will deserve to be sacked imo.
    But would they??
    He's too vain to resign

Mac...on the subject of only getting what you deserve and not relying on others...did you have the same attitude on the last day of the 1971-1972 season when Derby didn’t kick a ball but relied on Wolves and Arsenal to prevent Leeds or Liverpool overtaking them to win the title?

Mac...on the subject of only getting what you deserve and not relying on others...did you have the same attitude on the last day of the 1971-1972 season when Derby didn’t kick a ball but relied on Wolves and Arsenal to prevent Leeds or Liverpool overtaking them to win the title?
    Every team relies on all the other games falling into place to their advantage, Forest is genuinely different though and in the match the other day Forest could have lost and it would still not impact us, so personally I wanted them to lose. Mac can speak for himself but only If it came to an ABSOLUTE, ie Forest HAD to get a result to save us this season, would I take it. Likewise back in 72, I'd have taken Forest being in the Wolves or Arsenal roles, but ONLY then, and with a momentary foul taste in my mouth. I think we've had this discussion before, and your circumstances probably don't ingrain the dislike like they do for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Every team relies on all the other games falling into place to their advantage, Forest is genuinely different though and in the match the other day Forest could have lost and it would still not impact us, so personally I wanted them to lose. Mac can speak for himself but only If it came to an ABSOLUTE, ie Forest HAD to get a result to save us this season, would I take it. Likewise back in 72, I'd have taken Forest being in the Wolves or Arsenal roles, but ONLY then, and with a momentary foul taste in my mouth. I think we've had this discussion before, and your circumstances probably don't ingrain the dislike like they do for others.
    Fair point about the circumstances. Maybe I’m just more of a pragmatist. Had I been a Derby fan at that time I reckon it would have been one of the best days of my life...regardless of how the title was ultimately won.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-04-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Fair point about the circumstances. Maybe I’m just more of a pragmatist.
    unlike you to be more pragmatic than I but my anti-Forest feelings run deep

Interesting Question!
    I think you answered your own question in your earlier post when you suggest that if we don't do better in our last fif**** games than a couple of wins then we deserve to go down! In other words stay up on our own efforts!
    As far as 71/72 goes, yes we all prayed that Liverpool and Leeds would falter but I believe we won that title on our own efforts! The pressure we were under during the run-in was huge but WE got good results. We wobbled at times (Man City away, Newcastle at home) and none of our players had the experience of previous Titles like other Clubs. However, during that run-in (and this is key) we beat Leeds 2-0 and Liverpool 1-0!!
    In other words we helped ourselves, let's hope the current team does!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    we beat Leeds 2-0
    Even seeing those words make the hairs on my arms stand up! Those who currently seek to dismantle the structure of football probably never had that sort of feeling in their lives

Better than any orgasm!!

Wow. Who’da thought...Boro’ do us a favour! Beaten Rotherham, who also had Crooks red carded, 1-2, and managed 25 shots on target.
    Could it be crucial or is it just prolonging the agony.

It could be crucial if we had the ability, desire, balls and managerial nous to pile the pressure on them by winning a couple of games!! But, of course, we don't!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)