+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Relegation or Survival??

Sorry rA but I cannot support the Reds (or Brizzle for that matter) in the vain hope that our ineptitude can be disguised on the backs of others! IMO we survive or fail by our own efforts (and those efforts had better be 100%!) and I am sure (or at least I hope) that Wayne and the players feel the same.
    If they fail then so be it, having said that 1 win in11 does suggest that Rochdale here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Sorry rA but I cannot support the Reds (or Brizzle for that matter) in the vain hope that our ineptitude can be disguised on the backs of others!
    Really? Any port in a storm for me mac.

I’m amazed...frankly you always come across as about the sanest of us all on here...can’t believe you won’t be hoping for a ‘favour’ or two this afternoon and a bit more help from Brum and Barnsley tomorrow.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39756729]Really? Any port in a storm for me mac.

I’m amazed...frankly you always come across as about the sanest of us all on here...can’t believe you won’t be hoping for a ‘favour’ or two this afternoon and a bit more help from Brum and Barnsley tomorrow.[/QUOTE

It may seem strange rA and maybe you're right! Of course I want us to stay up but tbh I feel that this club needs a good kick up the proverbial both those who run the club and us fans. We seem to have developed a feeling of this is the mighty Rams and we have a god given right to be with the big boys. Just chuck a few bob at it, bend the rules, get through managers and players willy nilly and it will all come good. Yes, I feel sorry for the fans especially the younger ones and maybe I'm now a miserable git but to me what goes around comes around! Relegation may just bet us back on the right road!

[QUOTE=macstheman;39757074]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? Any port in a storm for me mac.

I’m amazed...frankly you always come across as about the sanest of us all on here...can’t believe you won’t be hoping for a ‘favour’ or two this afternoon and a bit more help from Brum and Barnsley tomorrow.[/QUOTE

It may seem strange rA and maybe you're right! Of course I want us to stay up but tbh I feel that this club needs a good kick up the proverbial both those who run the club and us fans. We seem to have developed a feeling of this is the mighty Rams and we have a god given right to be with the big boys. Just chuck a few bob at it, bend the rules, get through managers and players willy nilly and it will all come good. Yes, I feel sorry for the fans especially the younger ones and maybe I'm now a miserable git but to me what goes around comes around! Relegation may just bet us back on the right road!
    Take your point mac, as always, but it’s a sad indictment of the club to hear you talk like that.
    Maybe you’re right. Can’t think of a time when a club has actually benefited from relegation though.
    Not sure about the ‘mighty Rams’ bit...most fans under their early forties can only remember a few top flight seasons and you’ve really got to be approaching at least sixty now to properly remember the ‘glory days’.
    Otherwise aren’t we just returning to being a fading town that pretends to be a City with a team that, pre Clough, was just another middling Div 2 or Div 3 side?

Might still be another twist yet though.

I visit a number of Rams Forums and it is noticeable how many posters say the PL is 'where we belong'! It is of course baalocks, you belong where you are and you have to earn anything better! Why, do they say that? It's because of our success in the past which is still lauded by their dad's, the local press and the oldies on the forums. Mel continually espoused it as have successive managers, I believe it's the root cause of our problems or at least a significant factor. The only owners who didn't go on about their aim is to get up there was the Yanks and they left us in a better state than those before and certainly how we are now!
    Nope, it's time for a dose of realism, and I reckon it will be the start of better times.

I visit a number of Rams Forums and it is noticeable how many posters say the PL is 'where we belong'! It is of course baalocks, you belong where you are and you have to earn anything better! Why, do they say that? It's because of our success in the past which is still lauded by their dad's, the local press and the oldies on the forums. Mel continually espoused it as have successive managers, I believe it's the root cause of our problems or at least a significant factor. The only owners who didn't go on about their aim is to get up there was the Yanks and they left us in a better state than those before and certainly how we are now!
    Nope, it's time for a dose of realism, and I reckon it will be the start of better times.
    Agreed, every team in every league is where it 'deserves' to be and shiny new(ish) stadiums and a bit of history count for bugger all when you're down among the dead men. I don't agree we would be better relegated but someone needs to dole out a massive panful of realism before the start of next season. Great start would be a bread and butter Championship manager, we've seen a dozen giggling away at the contents of our dugout this season, we should beg one of them to come join us.

Fair points on the ‘lads and dads’, local press and oldies fronts...sensibly made.
    Suspect all owners and managers turn to hyperbole when introducing their aims...I heard Keith Curle describe Oldham Athletic as a ‘massive club’ a couple of days ago. They’re not, never have been and never will be.
    Derby do have great potential and even if we go down there’ll be regular 25-30,000 crowds next season if the fans smell success. I think we should always really be a top 35 club with aspirations to at least realistically match the likes of Southampton, Brighton and Palace but you’re right, things have gone horribly wrong and although I don’t agree that relegation is necessary for that dose of reality, I do hope you’re right about ‘better times’ if it happens.

Huge result for us at Rotherham this afternoon. I’m guessing Boro’ will hand them the points on Wednesday so this afternoon was crucial.

More to the point can we win 2 games and help ourselves?

More to the point can we win 2 games and help ourselves?
    Hope so...and if we can’t it’ll mean we’ve won no more than two of our last fif**** and we’ll deserve to go down and WR will deserve to be sacked imo.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)