+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation or Survival??

Relegation or Survival??

Well, which is it to be. Does current form matter or is it a case of simple 'who's got the bottle'??
    If we look at current form then, based on the last six games, the following final points total is propagated!

Sheff Wed 42 or 43 points,
    Rams 46 or 47 points,
    Rotherham 46 or 47 points,
    Coventry 49 points,
    Huddersfield 51 points,
    Brum 53 points.

Obviously, someone may go on a run or, equally, someone may collapse! But, one thing is for sure, it's deffo squeaky bum time!

Addendum:
    Apologies to Wycombe but I think it's too late to save the Day!

I think we've got enough already to get us over the line, with only a handful of points needed. I can see us being firmly in the mire, going down to the last 2 games. I don't think the teams below us have enough in the tank.

I'm not sure if anyone's got some good stats, but we must be on our worst run of form for... 13 years, Paul Jewell era? 1 win in 10 at present, and a long string of dire performances. Maybe Rooney can buy us out of trouble next year, but it doesn't bode well. I think we'd have picked up a few more draws under Cocu, but been in a similar situation. Would have been nice if he had the opportunity to spend a few quid.

Dunno, I honestly won't be that upset if we do go down.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    I think we've got enough already to get us over the line, with only a handful of points needed. I can see us being firmly in the mire, going down to the last 2 games. I don't think the teams below us have enough in the tank.

I'm not sure if anyone's got some good stats, but we must be on our worst run of form for... 13 years, Paul Jewell era? 1 win in 10 at present, and a long string of dire performances. Maybe Rooney can buy us out of trouble next year, but it doesn't bode well. I think we'd have picked up a few more draws under Cocu, but been in a similar situation. Would have been nice if he had the opportunity to spend a few quid.

Dunno, I honestly won't be that upset if we do go down.
    Not sure about that. This week will tell us a lot. By Friday evening we could be ten points ahead of Rotherham or just one and them with two games in hand.

Don’t understand you not being ‘that upset’ if we go down. I will be. It’s a difficult League to get out of unless you follow the Bradford, Oldham and Bolton route...just ask Portsmouth, Wigan, Ipswich and Sunderland.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-04-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Front foot, press, harry and we're fine. Start the way we've started the last half a dozen games and we're in trouble. More performances playing the tactics used in the 2nd half against Brentford is what we need. Why we stopped playing that way is a mystery.

Rotherham. I think they will fall short. They are now on a run of 4 games in 9 days. They then have the last 6 inside 18 days. Their physical style and the lack of rest between the games will do for them I reckon...... and hope.

I think I recently saw a stat that said we've played more Championship games than any other team, just shows what a club we've been post Jimmy Smith.

I read the Pride book RA, very good read. Obviously a bit biased in the interviewees, but it still gives a good indication of how events have turned. Still none the wiser as to what happened between Mel and Nigel Pearson!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Front foot, press, harry and we're fine. Start the way we've started the last half a dozen games and we're in trouble. More performances playing the tactics used in the 2nd half against Brentford is what we need. Why we stopped playing that way is a mystery.
    That is the great mystery MA? I have assumed WR thought that, with our points advantage, play safe and nibble a point here and there with the odd win thrown in and it would be enough! However, with six points from our last ten games that is clearly pie in the sky! Yes, three points from our last five might be enough but..................!
    Five games to go so let's get at them, no more wishy washy/mamby pamby rubbish. I want to see us going all out to win every game for 90+ minutes, if we go down then fair enough but at least show positivity not fear! Are you listening Wayne!

Rov'rum have too many games in a short space of time. Collapse immminent.

Rovrum winning 2-1!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)