+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Solihull Moors 13.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Or 5-2-3?

We have to be better at wing back tonight than against Hartlepool. Hopefully DKE can add some energy up and down the right flank
    Yes, it's a 5-2-3. Kelly-Evans and Chicksen are defenders who will spend most of the game doing what comes naturally to them. Can we rewind to those press conferences to check that the owners and IB actually said something about attacking football?

It's getting a bit silly now - having players the calibre of Rodders and Enzio and not playing them. IB must be banking on Griffiths playing a blinder tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It's getting a bit silly now - having players the calibre of Rodders and Enzio and not playing them. IB must be banking on Griffiths playing a blinder tonight...
    That does disturb me. Rodrigues and Boldewijn should not be bench warming in the NL.

Rodders is way to light to be in a 2 man midfield, Griffiths is going to be under a lot of pressure tonight to keep that ball moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    Rodders is way to light to be in a 2 man midfield, Griffiths is going to be under a lot of pressure tonight to keep that ball moving forward.
    Apparently Solihull play 3-4-3, so I see it as a case which 3 attackers will get the better of the oppositions 3 centre backs.

A lot of 1 on 1 duels across the pitch

Griffiths is hardly a man-mountain...

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    Griffiths is hardly a man-mountain...
    Fair point

No problem with 2-man midfields like that if everyone else is doing their job.
    That particular duo wouldn't work because Rodrigues has never got anywhere near peak fitness this season. If anything he seems to have gone backwards from the glimpses we've seen of him (just an impression, tell me if I'm wrong)
    Part of the solution would have been been playing him into fitness (with the odd rest game thrown in), that a failing on Ardley - one of his responsibilities as a manager

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That does disturb me. Rodrigues and Boldewijn should not be bench warming in the NL.
    I think recent performances justify this!....quite happy with this line-up!

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Apparently Solihull play 3-4-3, so I see it as a case which 3 attackers will get the better of the oppositions 3 centre backs.

A lot of 1 on 1 duels across the pitch
    Looks like IB is already in the habit of matching up (even with mid-table teams) rather than wanting them to worry about us

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Looks like IB is already in the habit of matching up (even with mid-table teams) rather than wanting them to worry about us
    Depends how you look at it. Matching up is basically telling your team you back them to be better at the tactic than the opposition. If we win 7or 8 of the 1 on 1 duels across the pitch, we'll win. Oppositely if we don't, we'll lose...

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast