+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Solihull Moors 13.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Begs the question. Was Ardley overachieving?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    So am I AC. We were good for 20 mins, that's all. The rest of the match belonged to the Moors. Missing numerous chances just makes us even more chit IMO.
    Little bit harsh. I thought we were good for the 1-0 at HT and we should have had a pen, plus had a few good chances in 2nd half.

We just need to become a 'National League Team' if we want to get out of it. All about desire rather than possession football.....and I don't think IB is the right man for that on the evidence so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    To be honest, that's my biggest concern and it has been for a very long time. I don't think we have a poor squad, but we often contrive to play like we have a poor squad. It seems that when the going gets tough, the opposition get going. We seem far more concerned about countering their style of play than we do on forcing them to counter ours. We allow ourselves to be bullied, and if we do make the playoffs does anyone think we will have the guts and desire to win a key game whoever we face? We played with fear and trepidation under Ardley, and it seems nothing has changed in the short term at least. Let's just hope the long term will be better.
    Agree with all of that. We occasionally look like quite a neat football team to be honest, when a football game breaks out (as it did for half an hour today!). But every team in this division knows that all you have to do against us is turn the midfield into a physical battle which we inevitably lose, and put enough long balls and crosses into our box.

There’s nothing to stop you playing nice, attacking football in this league (Barrow last season a great example), but you have to have the will, the desire and the energy to impose it on an opposition that wants the game to turn into something else. We lose that battle every single time, and have done all season.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    So frustrating this

I dont know why i keep paying...home and away

ah yeah, it's cos im a fan
    Because you care and you want Notts to succeed. However, whilst I accept that we have no Devine right to promotion, we should be making a better fist of it than we are. Yet another evening ruined. Although I am an optimist, I now believe that our season is over. The management need a complete rethink about the way we approach this league and learn from others clubs like us who have found their way back into the EFL.
    Last edited by CheltenhamPie; 13-04-2021 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Correcting typo.

New management aren't up to the task, same as the players. Just not good enough. Should've appointed Salford's ex manager. Someone who knows how to play the national league

Well, hopefully all those that were baying for Ardley's blood are happy with their lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    as usual we take our foot off the gas, start sitting deeper and deeper and invite pressure, in turn draining us of confidence. It's like we don't want to win.
    Why does this happen so often? Fingers crossed IB has the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    A measure of a manager is getting the best out of the TALENT available, but he seems to be throwing away that as casually as he's throwing away the last of our promotion hopes.
    I wouldn't worry about that we've been told most of the season that we had no hope of promotion under Ardley.

Maybe next season we will

Stockport on fire, Hartlepool on fire, Sttuon and Torquay got enough points. Wrexham back on form.

Wonder if we'll be the team that flukes it through the playoffs when not deserving it?

That would be funny

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Well, hopefully all those that were baying for Ardley's blood are happy with their lot.
    Yes, he wasn't great but you should always be careful what you wish for!

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast