+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Solihull Moors 13.04.21 [NL]

We're no better under the new management, might as well kept Ardley, or maybe the players are just not good enough to get us out of this league
    Last edited by Glad2BeAPie; 13-04-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Little bit harsh. I thought we were good for the 1-0 at HT and we should have had a pen, plus had a few good chances in 2nd half.

We just need to become a 'National League Team' if we want to get out of it. All about desire rather than possession football.....and I don't think IB is the right man for that on the evidence so far.
    Barrow won the league last year playing possession football (and Harrogate were largely along those lines too). Hartlepool and Stockport both very much that way inclined this season.

It’s more than possible, but what you do need at this level, whatever style you play, is lots of young, quick, strong and hungry players. Not an identity parade of half-paced 30+ year olds with 400 EFL games in their legs.

In his post-match interview IB was bemoaning the fact that teams use long throws against us. Obviously it must be worth trying then. But I think Ellis took 1 tonight, and then he took him off.

So frustrating being a Notts fan at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    We're no better under the new management, might as well kept Ardley
    For this season I agree.

But Ardley was getting more and more withered as time went on.

If we don't do anything this season....then IB has to get us up next season otherwise it's game over and we'll be like Wrexham...in the same league for 13 years.

So, yet another squad rebuild this summer that will take a 3rd of the season to gel, if we're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Solihull Moors . . . SOLIHULL EFFIN MOORS.

Been saying for the last three or four years now that we have finally reached rock bottom, but no, still it goes on getting worse:
    the No.1 Rule of being a Notts County fan nowadays is: Things can ALWAYS get worse!
    We have to ask ourselves are this team better or equal to last seasons team that finished 3rd? My answer is no and that is grim, sobering and depressing to think that we could end up regressing on the field and finishing at our lowest ever level in the pyramid.

If we do manage to finish in the play-offs then I'm not confident at this point in time that we could go on and win them. Cheaterfield and Torquay are the two in form sides in the play-offs at the moment.

This season is far from over, but we need to stop conceding two goals a game, take our chances and we might start to be able to put an unbeaten run together to give us some hope in the last 10/11 games.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    We'll always be bullied with Griffiths in midfield. Bring back Doyle....never thought i'd say that
    Steady on...

The problem today was that we had a good base, the back 5 and Reeves were fine, but after the initial burst Griffiths and the front three faded completely out of it. Wootton gets an easy ride with fans, but haven't we seen a multitude of sub-par performances from him this season? So we cede all advantage and momentum to them and then we stop having a solid base, Rawlo and Ellis get really edgy and start making mistakes...but the problems start with those 4 players ahead of Reeves IMO

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    In his post-match interview IB was bemoaning the fact that teams use long throws against us. Obviously it must be worth trying then. But I think Ellis took 1 tonight, and then he took him off.

There is a problem if he's blaming the fact that teams are using long throws.

Like i said on Saturday. We are conceding two normally bad goals a game and the same tonight. Dont win the first header and dont win the second header for both goals. That isnt good enough and yet there are lots on here who think we have the answer defensively in Rawls and Ellis. Sorry lads but that isnt working out is it? And dont say we havent been warned have we. We cannot win many games conceding two. Rawlinson was very poor Saturday and should have been left out tonight. He looks vulnerable so does Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

There is a problem if he's blaming the fact that teams are using long throws.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast