+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Solihull Moors 13.04.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Just listened to IB interview. Don’t understand why folk are critical. The points he made were correct.
    Pretty much all have been since he came in tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    Feel your pain foreign...was there too...Solihull 2 Notts 1 , not even smash and grab, as others have said it was always coming 2nd half....let let sink in
    Think it was coming from about 20mins.

All this new manager bounce stuff is people already putting the boot in.

I mean some of our lot seemed to think the bloke who served us a sh*t sandwich for over 2 years was ok but this guy gets 5-6 games.

We just need to finish 7th or above and see where it takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We just need to finish 7th or above and see where it takes us.
    Agreed... but, even if we finished 2nd or 3rd, I'd have little confidence of us winning at home and then at Wembley. The team lacks the wherewithal to win crucial games.

If we finish 6th or 7th, there's no chance of us winning 2 away games and then at Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Who has criticised his interview?

Nothing wrong with the interview, my criticism is that he recognised a weapon the opponents used - we have the same but didn't try it.
    Acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Pretty much all have been since he came in tbh.
    Yes, they have. I sensed frustration coming through tonight and a little bit of shift to criticising the players collectively.

I believe he’s got a pretty good idea of which players he would like to retain and who he needs to replace.

I can certainly see why our owners took the decision to change when they did. Pre-season wouldn’t have been long enough for a new coach/manager to come in, evaluate the squad, identify/recruit the right personnel and implement their ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Steady on...

The problem today was that we had a good base, the back 5 and Reeves were fine, but after the initial burst Griffiths and the front three faded completely out of it. Wootton gets an easy ride with fans, but haven't we seen a multitude of sub-par performances from him this season? So we cede all advantage and momentum to them and then we stop having a solid base, Rawlo and Ellis get really edgy and start making mistakes...but the problems start with those 4 players ahead of Reeves IMO
    I didn’t see the game tonight but interesting to see Wootton getting some stick. I’ve never seen in him what others have. He scores sitters, used to anyway, now he misses them, and I don’t know what else he does. Doesn’t hold the ball up, no pace, and gives away too many free kicks.

If a league side fancies him in the summer I’d snap their hands off.

Ridiculous to see IB getting criticism, the previous incumbent has left him with some proper rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I don’t think this is necessarily fair, on Burchnall anyway. I think Notts went out and imposed their game on Solihull for half an hour tonight but couldn’t respond when it started going against us. A similar thing happened at Woking where we controlled the game for half an hour, played some nice stuff, took the lead and then immediately conceded two soft goals from set pieces.

I think you can see some positive signs in the way that IB wants the team to play, which we see in flashes. A similar thing happened under Ardley, where we had the odd half an hour where we looked great but could never sustain it for a whole game, let alone a run of them.

It’s increasingly clear that this group of players is inconsistent, mentally weak, loses focus way too easily and gets bullied. This isn’t something that a change of manager was ever going to solve in hindsight, at least not quickly.
    Too many turds to polish. We are not going anywhere with this squad of players. Oh for a Willie Carlin or Paul Harding in the midfield to give us some bite, with a Drapes or Masson with skill.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Well, hopefully all those that were baying for Ardley's blood are happy with their lot.
    I'm more than happy NA has gone.
    The only concerning thing is that some fans expect this new coach to turn his pigs ear into a silk purse overnight.
    If I remember right we were stumbling from game to game but it seems some fans think he had created the liverpool of the seventies.
    People are blaming the players now but let's not forget who assembled the squad and trained them into playing the ardleyball way.....
    Remember that football that created maybe one chance per game (if we were lucky)

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast