+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Match Thread vs. Solihull Moors 13.04.21 [NL]

I know, Ardley has them as well.

Something nobody has on NCM, but we've got years of watching managers with qualifications fail, the benefit of hindsight and minimal financial risk other than a season ticket, a pre game meat pie and a beer.

Really glad I didn’t buy the game last night by the sounds of it....though I can picture pretty clearly in my head how it went.

How long are we going to give Wootton missing important easy chances before dropping him? It’s alright damning the defence but Wootton mis firing is costing us just as much at the minute....Yeovil away in the last minute, Hartlepool away at 0-0 and last night at 1-0. These are just off the top of my head.

It’s not as if we didn’t score 4 without him the other week...and if we don’t want to go long or direct anymore what is the actual point of playing him?

Don’t get me wrong, I actually really like him, but if we’re not playing to his strengths and he’s out of form let’s give somebody else a go.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Really glad I didn’t buy the game last night by the sounds of it....though I can picture pretty clearly in my head how it went.

How long are we going to give Wootton missing important easy chances before dropping him? It’s alright damning the defence but Wootton mis firing is costing us just as much at the minute....Yeovil away in the last minute, Hartlepool away at 0-0 and last night at 1-0. These are just off the top of my head.

It’s not as if we didn’t score 4 without him the other week...and if we don’t want to go long or direct anymore what is the actual point of playing him?

Don’t get me wrong, I actually really like him, but if we’re not playing to his strengths and he’s out of form let’s give somebody else a go.
    Wootton looks completely knackered both mentally & physically....the guy needs a break as all our attacking hopes seem to be on his shoulders....Knowles is fine in and around the box but his hold-up play is not working and Sam doesn't look bothered at all!
    We need another striker with more presence than we've got in the squad at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    Wootton looks completely knackered both mentally & physically....the guy needs a break as all our attacking hopes seem to be on his shoulders....Knowles is fine in and around the box but his hold-up play is not working and Sam doesn't look bothered at all!
    We need another striker with more presence than we've got in the squad at the moment!
    There was a moment of comedy gold last night with our Eli. The low camera angle for the replay of the 2nd goal shows Eli trying a half hearted jump for the ball, despite it being 3 yards over his head and clearly going to land 3 yards behind him. I do wonder what planet he’s on sometimes. Very talented in his own way, but sadly neither manager has worked out how best to use him. You are right about Knowles too, shows great promise when in the box going at people, but nowhere near the finished article 30 yards out with his back to goal.

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    How about reducing the long balls, giving Wootton a rest, playing Enzio up front with Knowles, putting Rodders just behind them and maybe trying the odd slide rule pass for the lads to run on to?

When Enzio came on last night his energy level and fight was exemplary. A long way from the days of the "lazy" tags.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    How about reducing the long balls, giving Wootton a rest, playing Enzio up front with Knowles, putting Rodders just behind them and maybe trying the odd slide rule pass for the lads to run on to?

When Enzio came on last night his energy level and fight was exemplary. A long way from the days of the "lazy" tags.
    Giving Wootton a rest? Like Woking where we scored 4??.Knowles and Knight di OK that day. Not suggesting that we should get rid of Wooters put perhaps be a bit more creative. As mentioned Enzio was bright last night too...

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526