+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dundee to score twice

Dundee to score twice

No idea if that will get us zip, 1 or 3 pts.

If I had made that prediction I would think the opposition would be scoring at least 3! My tipster track record is appalling.

Well that was sh1te again

Turgid 2nd half better 1st.

No composure in front of goal.

No composure in front of goal. this has been a glaring fault for years. hoibby horse of mine, and apologies for saying yet again, they obviously do not practice shooting at goal with any sort of pressure on them. Watch the shootie in stuff from the Bobby cox. 30% of shots are either saved or miss the target, and that's with only the youth goalie between the sticks and not an opponent in sight. They have to practice this skill more. Mullen is so much in need of taking a breath and realising that he would get far more praise for an assist then a half baked shot that flies miles of the bar if he puts his laces through the ball or misses either to left or right when he tries to go for accuracy.

Too many times we get the ball into the box and want to pass , we are trying to walk the ball into the net.
    Mcmullan, early doors made a great run into the box, beating two defenders, I was screaming at the tv, HIT IT, he then passed and the chance was lost.
    Charlie is the only one willing to take a pop at goal from a distance or free kicks.
    The usual from free kicks is a cross into the box.
    We don't seem to have anyone apart from Charlie, when we get free kicks in a good position.

I'm really enjoying the threat to the opposition goal that we create with the incredible Fontaine long throw.

I reckon I can probably piss further.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'm really enjoying the threat to the opposition goal that we create with the incredible Fontaine long throw.

I reckon I can probably piss further.
    This should be a very well drilled tactic. No lumbering up to take the throw giving opposition time to cover every one of our players. Fontaine needs to use this type of throw much more quickly and have two or three targets where our players are running into. Shouldn't matter which one he chooses everyone knows where the ball might be heading and with that knowledge we should make something of it.

It's a great skill to have to give yourself enough time to get balanced but getting shot off just b4 challenged but in all honesty I played with guys in the welfare league who cud do it better than our front line.

Always thought ketsbia was fantastic at it and at a lesser level Eddie Annand.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's a great skill to have to give yourself enough time to get balanced but getting shot off just b4 challenged but in all honesty I played with guys in the welfare league who cud do it better than our front line.

Always thought ketsbia was fantastic at it and at a lesser level Eddie Annand.
    Agree with this. They never practice with anything remotely like pressure. Just imagine how many goals we could have had if Eddie Annand was in our team. Raith Rovers goal that got promotion still a favourite memory.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)