+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Benji must play on Fri

Looks like it’s Deniz in the goal v the SSBs. Benji’ s wrist not looking good.

Foster the Hun Sheepsh*gger will be pleased.

Would rather have Neil Alexander in the goal on Sunday.

If only Deniz was pencilled in to play originally v Forfar, Benji might not have picked up this injury. Funny old game.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Looks like it’s Deniz in the goal v the SSBs. Benji’ s wrist not looking good.

Foster the Hun Sheepsh*gger will be pleased.
    If you are right mate all my optimism on the Killie away thread has just evaporated on this one.

Unless.....

Deniz has a good game, like away to the fermers in the league cup group game, 0-0 and if I mind right he made a few good saves and saved a couple pens too

So if we get that Deniz it might be ok

Yeah I think it's being made out that Deniz is an absolute flogger. He isn't, but he is backup for a reason. Any goalie in the world needs a couple of games to come in and get into the swing of things, hopefully he hits those heights on Sunday. He is a perfectly adequate goalie at this level.

Think its the fact that Benji has been our saviour in quite a few games especially with backs to wall, so we have started to trust him. deniz appeared shaky in last couple of games i saw him but he has had a few games now so maybe settled in. Good back up but would prefer our no1 who is in fine form.

For Aberdeen having a keeper who commands the box better than Deniz would be ideal. Big game required from Edwards I think.

Still we have had much worse in goals in the last few years and the sheep aren't exactly peppering their opponents goal recently.

Just have a go at them and push them back like in the second half at Tannadice in the last match. The goalkeeper we play doesn't even have to come into the equation then.

Having Edwards and Reynolds in front of Deniz will help no end. I’m fairly relaxed about him on Sunday but it’s not absolutely confirmed yet that Benji will be out. I believe they are still waiting on the results of a further scan before giving a yeh or a nay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Think its the fact that Benji has been our saviour in quite a few games especially with backs to wall, so we have started to trust him. deniz appeared shaky in last couple of games i saw him but he has had a few games now so maybe settled in. Good back up but would prefer our no1 who is in fine form.
    He has been our best player this season by a mile and i would accept any other player being out on Sunday bar him.It looks like he is definitely out and my glass has went from half full to nearly empty with one gulp.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)